Henderson: "Dern will be bigger that Rousey."

DERN =
fap.gif

ROUSEY =
giphy.gif

Been waiting for her to cross over to MMA for quite a while now, reckon she'll do great.

Fighting at 135? I am seeing her height as listed at only 5 foot three. That is really short for that weight class.

Not going to happen without the whole pioneer angle Ronda had.

Guess she fights as a straweight but the big money is in the higher weight class.

Omg. Would. Wood.

Doesn't it just smack of sexism that whenever a female fighter comes around it's almost always usually her looks that come first?

I hate to say it though, this sport is not one wherein a woman keeps her good looks. Those pretty faces all turn to hamburger meat eventually. Either by way of fist or supplements.

Dern's interview talking about controlling her opponent rather than pursuing the finish concerns me. The Maia system takes a ton of energy and is not fan friendly even if her megaton is fan friendly. See what I did there :)

The Rousey situation was a one-off embarrassment to the sport and everyone who contributed to it. It won't be repeated again, and thank the stars for that.

She's pretty yea. But as far as how far she'll go in her career. It's wasted too early to tell. I'm not a rousey supporter at all but she singlehandedly carried Emm up until this past year. What she needs to do is not buy in to her own hype, surround herself with yes men and not train with Edmund.

Let's give her a little more time and a few more fights to see how she adapts to MMA before calling her the next big thing. She's got potential tho that's for sure. She's got the look and her BJJ is obviously top shelf.

I doubt it. She'll always have a string following in the BJJ community as well as any new fans she makes, but Ronda was a product of timing in many ways and Dern likely can't replicate that.

Back