Helwani's Scoop on Conor's Plans

Which of these scoops/plans do you support?

• Total voters
It’s not that wild. Conor used to fight regularly, almost 4 times in one year even ( sept 2014 to December 2015) and three times in 9 months (March 2016 to November 2016).

Or course he’s not hungry anymore, I think, lol. But hey it’s still possible (maybe) for him to get back to 3 fights in 12 months.

Good call, but that's manlet talk right there. He has murderer's row that he's going to have to go through to reach the title. Not sure if those medical suspensions will allow 3 times a year, win, lose, or draw.

McGregor is following Helwani to the NBA. Starting PG for the Celtics.

So the scoop is that there is no scoop ?

Slap yourself across the face for me

Dana wants to get the most out of desperate Conor before giving him his rematch. Conor-Edgar was weak and didn't make much sense. But him vs Mas-Diaz winner is the money. If that's the plan, i think Dana allows him to fight Edgar. But i think Conor is baiting Dana for this exact reason. He'll get his Edgar fight and than claim the Khabib rematch. For him Diaz fight is not a must but Khabib definitely is. If he's willing to fight Mas or Diaz, he'd accept the Gaethje fight in a heartbeat and get the rematch after one fight instead of two.

Question is, would he deserve to fight the winner of Khabib v Tony if he were to beat someone in January then The winner of Masvidal v Nate.

Not hating on Conor, but he hasn’t won in a while now. Kind of unfair to give him a title shot after two wins. Fucking Ferg and all them had to fight way more people just to get a shot. Conor always getting shortcuts.
Honestly If he beat a top 15 guy convincingly, then beat the winner of mas/diaz, I would have zero problem with him fighting for another title. I wound hope it's vs Ferguson because his style is a super hard match-up with khabib but I'd be able to justify it either way. Before Mayweather Conor was a beast that could put the lights out as well as anyone at 155 now the question is more how far has he fallen and how in his head is he over the khabib loss.

Who's the January fight? Hoping Gaethje.

<NewGina>

It has to be.

No other fight makes sense.

Yep - if he wants to go from BMF fight (at 170?) to Khabib, Gaethje has to come first.

Gaethje and the winner of Nate Jorge would be title shot worthy.

I don't think he'd win either.

Pretty embarrassing that he wanted the Frankie fight. A BW? A terrible look.

Thank god.

Winner should fight for the WW title.

<26> fuck outta here. Fight an actual lightweight contender and then we'll talk.
this fucking lowlife is allergic to earning things the right way, weather it's a title shot, or a blowjob...

Diaz 3 still needs to happen. I get goosebumps thinking about it.

Has to happen..

Thank god.

Winner should fight for the WW title.

<26> fuck outta here. Fight an actual lightweight contender and then we'll talk.
We all know he won't fight with two rape cases open. Fighting a LW contender is too big a risk

He’s hoping to fight three times next year, I’m told by a member of his team. He’s hoping to fight in January; then the winner of Masvidal vs. Diaz; and then fight the winner of Khabib vs. Tony whenever that happens.

Why would the winner of Khabib vs Tony fight a guy on a 4 fight losing skid.

Last edited:
Question is, would he deserve to fight the winner of Khabib v Tony if he were to beat someone in January then The winner of Masvidal v Nate.

Not hating on Conor, but he hasn’t won in a while now. Kind of unfair to give him a title shot after two wins. Fucking Ferg and all them had to fight way more people just to get a shot. Conor always getting shortcuts.
Conor has one loss at LW and it was losing the title to an undefeated grappler. By the time Diaz and Masvidal fight it will probably bump one of em to the top 10 because of bs rankings.

Plus Conor has a win over the #2 lightweight. If Conor wins a comeback fight, MasDiaz winner, then a rematch vs Khabib isn't ridiculous.

Whats crazy is Conor subjectively has looked better against Khabib compared to the rest of the top LWs besides Al. Barboza was mentally destroyed by the end of the 1st, Dustin was almost RNC in the first and was finished by the 3rd round. Conor didn't even have his back to the mat until the final minute of the first round and had a very close 3rd round with Khabib.

Maybe if Conor can stay off the fucking whiskey and coke, we can have an interesting rematch.

He'll never fight 3 times in a year now.. Why even say such a stupid thing

You just can't keep me away I must've triggered you to your core lol. That's pretty normal for you leprechaun fans though. I geet you so riled up you can't help but feel the need to mention my name when you can.

You just can't keep me away I must've triggered you to your core lol. That's pretty normal for you leprechaun fans though. I geet you so riled up you can't help but feel the need to mention my name when you can.

Bless your bum soul child

Back