Helwani...Smdh!

How annoying is it for Dana? You start this company, pioneer this market, and then some dude from Montreal shows up and just wont shut the fuck up about what the narrative ought to be.

He is not a journalist
He is a host of an MMA interview show

Real journalist investigate & report on things that take journalistic skill

Ariel tweets what fighter camps tell him.
That is not a slam, but he doesn't do what real journalist do.

That tells you how young our sport is as the #1 "journalist" covering it, wouldn't even qualify to hold that title in other sports/areas.

How annoying is it for Dana? You start this company, pioneer this market, and then some dude from Montreal shows up and just wont shut the fuck up about what the narrative ought to be.

I'll give him props for not being shook and bowing down to Dana like everybody else does but sometime he clearly mistakes being an instigator to pushing boundaries as a journalist.

Ariel is a PUNK. He'll talk all that shit about Cowboy, who we know is an absolute warrior, but if Cowboy ever called him on by either telling him off in public or refusing an interview, Ariel would play the victim.

He's a bum. The fact that he still has the balls to call himself a journalist after taking money from the UFC while claiming to be impartial... that tells you all you need to know about him.

Isn't Conor going to jail soon anyway.

As much as I think he's an instigator, I find myself siding with him most times, especially when it's against the bald goof but he def sounds like every name Dana calls him on this one. He's gonna get punched in the face one of these days.

I like Cowboy but what separates the "Champions" from the rest of the flock is gusto and nuts. Do you have to go as far as Conor? Probably not, but does it help, of course, it fucking does. Having the skills is awesome but having the persona/mouth to back up those skills it what makes you a champion. Khabib has the magic, Conor has the magic, Ferguson will have the magic soon enough again. The one anomaly I see at the moment is Robert Whittaker. Then another end of the spectrum Tyrone Woodley who has amazing talent but when he opens his mouth it makes any fan of MMA want to walk into oncoming traffic.

He is not a journalist
He is a host of an MMA interview show

Real journalist investigate & report on things that take journalistic skill

Ariel tweets what fighter camps tell him.
That is not a slam, but he doesn't do what real journalist do.

Real journalists are not bought and paid for? Did you really just say that? You must be new to "journalism". Modern journalism has more bullshit in it than a Jon Jones apology.

<Dany07>

I'll give him props for not being shook and bowing down to Dana like everybody else does but sometime he clearly mistakes being an instigator to pushing boundaries as a journalist.
His biggest achievement has been building a platform to interview fighters. He did s good job at that. A lot of work behind the scenes that we dont see made that happen. And I listen to his show because I want to hear what these fighters have to say.

But for god's sakes he is annoying and I cant think of a bigger goof to make it this far as him. And then I'll think about DW and what it must be like to do all of what he has done, for better or worse, and then have this guy somehow insert himself right into the current of the narrative. Lol. Must suck.

That tells you how young our sport is as the #1 "journalist" covering it, wouldn't even qualify to hold that title in other sports/areas.

Ha
The only real journalist IMO are Meltzer, Nash & Ourand
They actually investigate & are the reason we know UFC's financials & business numbers
Otherwise we would have to go off DW's word lol

A lot of the rest are nu-media that care more about re-tweets

Helwani is kinda right though
I was shocked when cowboy acted like a nut hugger
He said fighting Conor is a honour ffs

Ariel is an idiot. if he shit talks one of the greatest shit talkers to ever enter to UFC he's going to get fucked up.

what kind of fan is Ariel? when Cowboy got into a shit talking contest with Nate Diaz it only hindered Cowboy.

when he fought Yancy Medeiros they were all buddy buddies and Cowboy completely ruined him.

Ariel should watch the fights and realize different fighters react differently to things. Cowboy is better when he's calm, cool, and collected. not when he's foaming at the mouth steaming ready to blow a gasket.

Real journalists are not bought and paid for? Did you really just say that? You must be new to "journalism". Modern journalism has more bullshit in it than a Jon Jones apology.

It is more you don't understand that "modern journalism" is not journalism
Its about retweets

again there is real journalism if you paid attention.

Take care

Somebody will slap him soon, mark my words.

UnrealisticLavishAbyssiniancat-size_restricted.gif

Ariel is an idiot. if he shit talks one of the greatest shit talkers to ever enter to UFC he's going to get fucked up.

what kind of fan is Ariel? when Cowboy got into a shit talking contest with Nate Diaz it only hindered Cowboy.

when he fought Yancy Medeiros they were all buddy buddies and Cowboy completely ruined him.

Ariel should watch the fights and realize different fighters react differently to things. Cowboy is better when he's calm, cool, and collected. not when he's foaming at the mouth steaming ready to blow a gasket.
Did you really just compare Diaz to medieiros
Lol
There is nothing cowboy could of done differently as Nate has the superior BJJ and is a stylistic nightmare
He tried attacking the legs but it wasn’t enough
He was pissed vs Hernandez and still beat him up

Ariel Helwani is a massive dork and a boon to MMA. What a dullard.

Ariel does not like martial arts at all and you can tell it by his behaviour and the way he speaks with fighters/experts/coaches. He's the WWE type of guy and all about drama.

Ariel does not like martial arts at all and you can tell it by his behaviour and the way he speaks with fighters/experts/coaches. He's the WWE type of guy and all about drama.
This. He talks with no interest about fighting/martial arts, only horseshit exaggerations and trying to manufacture drama. It's completely mind-boggling to me how this doofus has gone anywhere in the realm of MMA.

Yeah he is a bit of a knob on his new show. Kinda comes off very scripted and cheesy for the sole purpose of making Drama where there is none in a lot of topics. Kinda cringey but whatever. I guess ESPN wants them all to show a bit more edginess. Unfortunately our big nosed friend is about as edgy as a plastic baby spoon. You can almost see him holding back the laughter as he tries to sound tough. Luckily for him, I don't think anyone actually cares. They know hes just a shill now and any journalistic integrity he once had went out the window when he signed with ESPN. His show reminds me a awful lot like that Skip Bayless guys boxing segments where he argues with the other dude. They try so hard to be edgy, that they just come off as clueless casuals.

Regardless, I think its a fun fight to make. Cowboy can be a good guy or bad guy depending on his opponent. If he the fight happens, I fully expect him to turn into trash talking cowboy once again. Will be a nice change of pace for both fighters to. This fight is nothing but good old fashioned fun for the fans.

Last edited:
Back