Media Helwani Show - Stephens, Joey Diaz, DC, Masvidal, Scott, Kampmann +more

I get it with some other celebs, but I think anyone who can possibly care for MMA who likes Joey Diaz is already watching MMA. And Ariel will just ask him about shit Joey's followers have already hear a bazillion times before.

Yeah, honestly, and truthfully I don't even really know who he is but that said I didn't know who Action Bronson was until he was on Ariel's show but I'm not in the US so that's probably why lol

No i get what you mean but if they haven't had him on the Ariel Helwani show then they're going to do it for the benefit of that show so I do get it, his fans will tune in anyway as they don't know what he will/won't be asked exactly so they'll always tune in anyway and it could bring fans to the show.

I get what you're saying though and I get what you mean but it really is just one of those segments where you have a break while they get through it, hopefully he won't be on too long :)

Kampmann??One of my favorite fighters of ALL time, holy shit.

Can't wait to see what he's gonna talk about, hopefully he's not coming back. Don't see that going well.

Last edited:
Fucking immigrant mentality.
The seed!!

HeartfeltBarrenAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

Kampmann needs to stay retired. One of my favourite fighters but he has taken too much damage and I think he can make decent money doing other things. Pretty sure he won some semi-big poker tournament years ago, albeit poker being a terrible source of income but it shows he can probably do well in something.

No, he's gonna announce Stipe vs DC 3
Yep that's more or less what happened.

Here is the DC interview with Helwani from today :

I gotta say, Cormier is *always* honest and open and frank and he doesn't hide what he is feeling or anything and he gives a lot of good solid info.

Main thing is he says he has told UFC "I want me vs Miocic III, make it happen" and UFC say they are talking to Stipe about it. Cormier says that if that fight happens, then that is it, done, finished. He would be happy for it to be Dec 14th in Vegas. So ball is in Stipe's court now, either he says yes or he says no to that fight.
My feeling is UFC will say .... "Hey....Stipe...you wanna fight Ngannou again?? Cos if you don't take the Cormier fight then it's gonna have to be Ngannou". Usual strong-arm UFC tactics.

Back