Helwani says a new MMA org will launch in 2023 structured like NBA/NFL with 50/50 revenue, health ..

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
  1. According to sources, a number of influential industry individuals have come together to create a new MMA league that is structured more like the NBA/NHL/NFL rather than your typical MMA promotion. This new league would also include an athlete association that implements a CBA with 50/50 revenue share, guaranteed contracts, health insurance, career-ending insurance and a pension plan. The plan is to announce the venture in the coming days, I’m told. They are hoping to launch in 2023.https://arielhelwani.substack.com/p/whos-going-to-take-that-next-step
Credit to @Dreyga2000 for finding this.

Last edited:
If that happens, fighters will be like.. "Dana who?"

Money talks and BS can kick rocks.

And before anyone talks about the "prestige" of the UFC title, try paying your bills with "prestige" and tell me how that goes... I'll wait....

1. According to sources, a number of influential industry individuals have come together to create a new MMA league that is structured more like the NBA/NHL/NFL rather than your typical MMA promotion. This new league would also include an athlete association that implements a CBA with 50/50 revenue share, guaranteed contracts, health insurance, career-ending insurance and a pension plan. The plan is to announce the venture in the coming days, I’m told. They are hoping to launch in 2023.https://arielhelwani.substack.com/p/whos-going-to-take-that-next-step

They'll drown in debt unfortunately. Unless of course they have never-ending funds to begin with.

Oh wow.

If this is true and they make it work... Dana's power will dwindle. He also won't be able to be such a smug bully and just say 'well don't fucking fight or fuck off' type of thing, he'll be on the back foot.

Hope it happens. Just cause, it'll be interesting to watch.

Back