Helwani probably not getting his contract renewed with ESPN because of Dana White.

Well the reality is he did try to cancel Helwani but public pressure made him reverse course. He's tried to cancel reporters several times.

He successfully cancelled Loretta Hunt back in the day. She was huge in MMA reporting and she got blackballed.

Apparently he is on a payroll of 500K per year

His contract with ESPN is finishing in June. There were more details but I just lost patience. You can read it here.

Editorial: Could Dana White cost Ariel Helwani his reported near $500K ESPN salary? - Bloody Elbow
I read this a couple days ago and you should take "Probably" out of your thread title because that is not what the article implies. It just talks about the setup and how Dana, if he wanted to, could cause problems for him.

Something everyone has known. Shit article.

It would be awesome if somehow Helwani came back and took down the human pile of dogshit that is Dana White. I'd send Helwani 100 bucks.
Why don’t you send him 100 dollars anyway, since he’s about to be unemployed.

wow Bloody Elbow is garbage. the title makes Dana the villain but the article isn't even about him. Dana should sue these trash fucks. and they hire pedos. i know all media is garbage but this one seems extra special. also, TS is trash just like Bloody Elbow
Exactly . Click bait lefty garbage. I block that site accross all social media.

His shows with Chael and Cormier are fun to watch. Is he cry baby douche? Yea lol
He's also the best MMA reporter around. Sign the man.

Not a fan of either of them so good to see one of them is leaving
Seriously lol they're both scumbags but Dana sucks a little more ... Also lol at people hating on Bloody Elbow they're like the least UFC shill media out of mma shill media ...

it was smart of espn to get ariel's audience to come over but now that they have they can kick ariel to the curb.
Meh maybe. Personally the talking heads they put in there don't do it for me. Basically people who were trained to interview but know nothing about MMA. I think either way Ariel will do well with or without ESPN.

His contract with ESPN is finishing in June. There were more details but I just lost patience. You can read it here.

Editorial: Could Dana White cost Ariel Helwani his reported near $500K ESPN salary? - Bloody Elbow
You misread the article. Where is the evidence that he “probably” won’t get his contract renewed? It all seems speculative, Ariel, as much as I despise him, probably drives the most traffic to the ESPN mma channel of all the other shows/podcasts. They won’t throw that away just because the red cue ball doesn't like him.

and im not sorry for him

didnt he bitchin cryed for gina to be fired from star swars?? karma is a bitch
I specifically remember him saying that he isn't going to say she deserves to lose her job over it, but he summarized the oppression that the Jewish suffered during the Holocaust, and suggested that its unlikely that conservatives would suffer the same fate.

White using his huge media & political power to cancel a young Jewish kid who's just trying to make a living? Sounds like we've got this back-to-front
Ariel’s about my age, we ain’t young anymore sadly. He does look pretty young for his age though, no grey hairs like me.

This won't stop Ariel. He's come back from worse before and earned his respect. It's not like he's going to stop covering the sport anyway and Dana might regret this. Helwani will destroy White
Dana White is a control freak.

and im not sorry for him

didnt he bitchin cryed for gina to be fired from star swars?? karma is a bitch
That never happened.
Why would you say that?
People were hounding him for days to comment on her firing.
Because he's Jewish and has known her a long time

White using his huge media & political power to cancel a young Jewish kid who's just trying to make a living? Sounds like we've got this back-to-front

if dana cared espn would of never hired him.

As someone else alluded to, you didn't bother to read the full article which led you to jump to a baseless conclusion.

Reading the first part of the article already shows me that this whole thing is BS. The VP of ESPN said it himself that Ariel is doing a good job.

The rest of the article has no indication of Ariel's likely departure from ESPN. Just assumptions based off of Dana White's comments, what happened in the past with Fox, and ESPN job cuts.

The author of the article is just stating a possibility. Albeit, not a likely possibility.

I guess spreading fake news is pretty contagious...

Back