Helwani: I could promote better than every other promoter

espn execs probably told them to make their show a little more like first take and undisputed

How much could it cost to start his own promotion? If he can do it, he should

He would need millions & millions unless he wanted to do an indy MMA promotion.

But I just thought it was funny, because most SDers think they can be a better promoter than everyone else & Ariel aped that in the clip

espn execs probably told them to make their show a little more like first take and undisputed

Maybe
But hiring Chael & ariel & making it a "vs" type of format obviously leads to that anyway

He would need millions & millions unless he wanted to do an indy MMA promotion.

But I just thought it was funny, because most SDers think they can be a better promoter than everyone else & Ariel aped that in the clip
I hear ya.

A local show would cost pretty much nothing. If he wanted to be on TV and/or PPV he would need a lot more startup capital.

Also, I wonder what makes him think that he knows better than the promoters? You can be sure that groups like UFC pay people to look through message boards

Straight up.
Helwani doesn't have the balls for the promotion game.

dude says he could be one of the best promoters but then goes on to say cris cyborg is a "draw".....yeah right

seems like its every espn show...also every mainstream news channel
Thats just ridiculous. Espn is all about integrity, I dont know anyone that shouts on their shows. I have never seent it.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-05-at-12.09.25-PM.png

Come on Ariel, I like you and occasionally defend you and now you have to go and do this. Cut it out.

Fake argument Fake anger Got loud for no reason

Chael goes from 0 to 100 over nothing. Was that in their script or something?

Keep it real.
If I had to guess, they're probably instructed to follow the tried and true sports commentary method of each getting a side and being instructed to be passionate about it regardless of their actual feelings, as Skip and Stephen A. did before them.

I saw the whole thing. It was a real fight. Ariel's argument was Cyborg had a right to be upset because Dana doesn't promote her enough. Chael's argument was Cyborg can't be trusted because she's always fighting with them and always threatening to leave so why should the UFC put energy into her.
That's a silly way to look at it if the UFC actually feels that way. It's about making money. If you think she is good enough to keep around, promote her the best way you can..if she's not, let her go back to Coker. What's the damn point of wasting time, especially when they are light on star power. She only threatens because they don't get behind her

Thats just ridiculous. Espn is all about integrity, I dont know anyone that shouts on their shows. I have never seent it.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-05-at-12.09.25-PM.png
HA!

Stephen A Smith "There is no point in watching the NBA this year"
Stephan A Smith on first take "Let me tell you why you need to watch the Lakers this year"

Will be nice when the “screaming over one another to make a point” is a fad of the past like skinny jeans.

Would have been way more entertaining to hear each guy articulate their perspective and let the audience decide.
Skip Bayless started this shit and it's been run into the ground. Not every show has to be like a barber shop that serves alcohol.

Seems like majority of female UFC champions have been difficult to work with.
. Ya I don’t know what leverage any of them have either? Cry sexism is only thing I can think of and media doesn’t care enough about mma for the race/sex baiters to come out

Back