Helwani haters eat crow

Lol, edgelords always think they're onto something when they think the UFC is on on it. Or that literally everything and anything affecting a fight is simply "wolftickets"
It's weird because it's always either a giant conspiracy with zero evidence, or it's wolf tickets despite a lot of evidence that it's true.

It's like living in opposite day forever. Opposite day is for 6 year old kids, it's not really cute when it's a 30+ year old adult who can't tell a fact from a fart.

I saw that Bisping video.

Bootlicking Bisping is the perfect way to describe him, holy shit, never really liked his pod but dude has become even more awful.

Rat faced Ariel was poking his nose and whiskers into UFC business looking for his cheese -- whilst everyone watched and listened.

Yet his nuthuggers thinks he's a Prophet.

Ariel the Influencer was Opining, because that's what he does.

He's not a Reporter anymore than your average Sherdogger...

Rat faced Ariel was poking his nose and whiskers into UFC business looking for his cheese -- whilst everyone watched and listened.

Yet his nuthuggers thinks he's a Prophet.

Ariel the Influencer was Opining, because that's what he does.

He's not a Reporter anymore than your average Sherdogger...
<Huh2>

I dont think Ariel should even talk to them, I went on his twitter before the confirmation and it was just absurd, Im not sure how the society has come to this really, Im not usually in "this" world.
And Bisping must have had addiction issues or something to make this much of a turn, weird.

Nah I knew he was being legit, there’d be no other reason for him to say these things

Half the forum was calling him full of shit when he was reporting the fight was in serious doubt and the UFC was looking for replacements. They hate him so much they claimed he was making it up, even though he's as credible as they come in MMA.

He’s the one that was saying the fight was on when there was a lot of speculation Conor was injured. The guy talks out of both sides of his mouth.

You say people can "eat crow" -- when Ariel didn't know what was going to happen and hedged his language about the Fight being On or the Fight being Off.

Ariel didn't know.

So there is no crow to eat for anyone skeptical of Ariel -- because Ariel was skeptical of what was going to happen.

Are you slow? I just pointed out it wasn't a prediction. He wasn't hedging anything. He was reporting on a developing situation and you guys called him full of shit. You were wrong. Eat your crow.

Every step of the way he was reporting accurately on what was currently going on. When he said the fight was in jeopardy it was because it was. When he said the UFC were exploring alternate replacements it was because they were.

I saw that Bisping video.

Bootlicking Bisping is the perfect way to describe him, holy shit, never really liked his pod but dude has become even more awful.
I like him but it's hard to watch these guys made to do this shit by UFC

I mean I’d take his sources over a Shertard neckbeard any day. Everyone who hates Helwani is just a pink goof simp.

He’s the one that was saying the fight was on when there was a lot of speculation Conor was injured. The guy talks out of both sides of his mouth.
{<huh}

Because it was, the UFC literally started promoting the fight again after Helwani reported there was positivity about the fight happening. That's how live reporting on a developing situation works.

Timeline of events:

Conor gets injured, UFC cancels press conference, removes promotional video and starts exploring alternatives.
UFC believes Conor can fight and starts promoting the fight again.
UFC is pessimistic again and starts seriously looking for replacement fights.
UFC announces the fight is off and puts together replacement fights

The UFC was silent during all of this, Helwani was the only one giving us status updates. Shertards need to understand the guy is just doing his job as a reporter. He's not making predictions, he's not talking out of his ass. He's providing status updates based on what he's heard from his contacts from throughout the MMA world. He's cultivated relationships with people out of every camp and has a phone full of numbers, that's how he breaks the news.

Last edited:
Are you slow? I just pointed out it wasn't a prediction. He wasn't hedging anything. He was reporting on a developing situation and you guys called him full of shit. You were wrong. Eat your crow.

Every step of the way he was reporting accurately on what was currently going on. When he said the fight was in jeopardy it was because it was. When he said the UFC were exploring alternate replacements it was because they were.
No.

He gets information of various qualities -- and gives his opinion.

Ariel generates content for his MMA gossip show by giving access to mostly MMA personalities where he lets them speak -- and then exchanges ideas and shares opinions.

You lack critical thinking skills if you believe he is a reporter just because he interviews others and/or introduces some information (verified or not).

He is an Opinion guy in the entertainment space.

The thing you're not getting is it never was a developing situation. Conor was indeed injured.

That's it. That's the story. If you trust your sources when you heard that then report it and stick by it. Report Conor's injured and then whenever something "new" comes in that the fight might still be going forward anyways report that but stick to you haven't heard he's not actually injured like you'd reported.

Ariel didn't do that. He was purposefully using vague language at every turn, for every possible outcome, going back and forth on it instead of sticking to what he'd heard. Even his very last report on it before Dana officially announced it was that there was just a new main event and possible co-main. Not that Conor was injured or that it was Pereira/Jiri 2. He didn't even get Ulberg/Smith was added either. He wasn't reporting any actual details about anything really happening in case he was wrong.

You can't sit here and say he called it all when he never actually called anything. 50% of Sherdog was making the same reactions just off observable things, no inside sources required. Hell, most of them even called Pereira/Jiri as they rightfully said they're the only 2 crazy enough to do a title fight, which a PPV requires, on 10 days notice.

Do you guys just think MMAJunkie, Sherdog, ESPN, and others weren't also all hearing these same rumours too? That it was exclusively Ariel from some super secret source? No, they would've heard them too but wouldn't report on something they weren't sure enough on. Ariel jumps to report a "fluid situation" because he's an influencer, not a reporter.

I'd give him credit if he said all along Conor was injured and maybe the fight would continue regardless, and was reporting any of the replacements, but he didn't do that and revisionist history saying otherwise ain't flying.

No.

He gets information of various qualities -- and gives his opinion.

Ariel generates content for his MMA gossip show by giving access to mostly MMA personalities where he lets them speak -- and then exchanges ideas and shares opinions.

You lack critical thinking skills if you believe he is a reporter just because he interviews others and/or introduces some information (verified or not).

He is an Opinion guy in the entertainment space.

This wasn't an interview dummy, this was him reporting on the news. He has a phone full of numbers to get the details on any given situation. He's constantly reporting on mma news. Any time there's an ongoing situation his Twitter is probably the best source to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisfitsBR
Back