Helping my friend get sponsors

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by nomilkforsanta, Jun 3, 2014.

1. nomilkforsanta

nomilkforsanta Nathan

Like the title says I am helping my friend get sponsored for his upcoming professional fights (he is a pro with a long record, but took a few years off).

I was wondering if you could help me compile a list of companies to call that offer good equipment that sponsor fighters. He and I are against representing gear with poor quality and customer service.

I was thinking this could also be made into a sticky, with names and phone numbers/emails of companies for future fighters.

2. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

I wonder if Moshin would sponsor a fighter? Would be nice to see a pro fighter pimping Ring to Cage.

3. TheMMAchef

TheMMAchef Orange Belt

When you are looking for sponsors, you are selling a fighter to the company. You are saying "I can do this for your company, if my fighter has your name behind him."

I used to be in a band, and have some marketing experience, so I can provide a little insight. My advice would be to start with emails. But what are you looking for? Just free stuff? Or are you looking for money for training, scheduling appearances, etc?

I can give you my advice the best I can. I am not even an amateur in competition yet, but I have companies interested in me because I have developed relationships with them by being a customer, putting out reviews, etc.

So what are you looking for when it comes to sponsorship?

4. tracknfieldgear

tracknfieldgear White Belt

yeah you are really great. I too have one best friend his name peter. we both are trying to get sponsor.

5. TheMMAchef

TheMMAchef Orange Belt

So what are you guys looking for as far as sponsorships? I have some contacts available, I just want to see what you look to get out of it. Again

Sponsorships: Companies allow you to associate themselves with their brand, and you get on their website, social media publicity, etc. There are different Levels it varies with companies.
    Just for an example lets say Joes Gear House wants to sponsor you:
    Level 1: Name on website, and a weekly mention on social media, plus a social @edia update on fignts. This almost Always has them supplying a logo patch, or contract allowing use of their logo.
    Level 2: Level 1 + addition of a percentage off gear purchases, possibly free equipment provided.
    Level 3: Level 1 & 2 + Maybe have you appear with company at trade shows for compensation, all gear free, perhaps monetary involved in your training or publicity. Usually contracts are in play here.

Endorsements: Usually applies to when a company is INTERESTED in having YOU represnt their product/company. These are usually deals involving monetary compensation on their end.

I HOPE some of this is helping. Let me know what I can do for you guys.

6. TheMMAchef

TheMMAchef Orange Belt

Good to know :)

I am not sponsored yet for ammy comp but I have 3 companies that would seem interested. There arent a lot of heavyweight kickboxers in my Tri state area especially at my size lol..

Its about branding I am told lol.

7. tracknfieldgear

tracknfieldgear White Belt

Yeah thanks ya i will