Help!

SexShootor

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm not new to lifting weights. I'm pretty ripped up at 165 lbs. I can only work out 4 days in a row and do it the "wrong" way I have been told. I have been working 0ut for years but can't put on size. Tell me what I am doing wrong PLEASE!!!!
Friday-Monday

Friday
Flat bench about 17 sets (triangle to max out 315lbs)
Dumbell incline press 4 sets ( same weight about 75lbs)
Incline Flies (about 50Lbs 4 sets)
Legs
Squats 7 set just till I reach my max weight of...sadly 250 for 6 sets
Barbell Lunges (5 setssame weight)
Leg ext./ Leg Curls 4 sets each

Saturday
Back
Pull ups wide grip (7 setsof 12 to 8 to 8 to 6)
Pull up close grip (7 setsof 12 to 8 to 8 to 6...)
Dumbell Rows 5 sets same weight
cable rows (I suck at these) 3 or 4 sets

Biceps
Barbell curls 7 sets from 60lbs to 70 to 80 to 90, 90 , 80 , 70
Dumbell curls 5 sets 25 to 35 lbs.
cable curls 5 sets

Sunday
Shoulders
Barbell front presses (standing) about 10 sets triangle begining with 95lbs and ending at 150lbs for about 4 reps then back down
Lateral raises 4 sets
front raises 4 sets

Monday

Flat bench about 17 sets (triangle to max out 315lbs)
Dumbell incline press 4 sets ( same weight about 75lbs)
Incline Flies (about 50Lbs 4 sets)
Legs
Squats 7 set just till I reach my max weight of...sadly 250 for 6 sets
Barbell Lunges (5 setssame weight)
Leg ext./ Leg Curls 4 sets each
I want to really beef up my legs and do my abs everyday I can. My abs are perfect for me. Any help will be great!!!

-You've been working out for years

-Weigh a ripped 165

-And ask why you can't gain weight?

TRY EATING

thanks Remy. noskill you're personality sucks black dick...but you're right, my diet sucks. I eat whatever I want, but probably not enough. Oh yeah, I'm 5'10. I have never taken any supplements. I look exactly how I want, but I just want it bigger all round. I'm scared that if I eat too much that I will lose my abs and I don't have time for cardio right now.

SexShootor said:
thanks Remy. noskill you're personality sucks black dick...but you're right, my diet sucks. I eat whatever I want, but probably not enough. Oh yeah, I'm 5'10. I have never taken any supplements. I look exactly how I want, but I just want it bigger all round. I'm scared that if I eat too much that I will lose my abs and I don't have time for cardio right now.

I hope you know Remy was kind of clouting you on the head with that link. It's a sticky. The top sticky, in fact, in the Interesting Links thread.

What he was saying, in essence, was, "Read the stickies."

SexShootor said:
QUIT BEING A WHINY BITCH ABOUT IT AND MAN UP TO THE ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET! YOU WANNA GET BIGGER EAT A FUCKLOAD MORE AND WIPE THE SAND OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN VAGINA ABOUT LOSING YOUR ABS! READ THE FUCKING STICKIES AND GET A REAL ROUTINE!

Urban: making other people's attitudes look better by comparison for over 2 years.

Urban said:
QUIT BEING A WHINY BITCH ABOUT IT AND MAN UP TO THE ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET! YOU WANNA GET BIGGER EAT A FUCKLOAD MORE AND WIPE THE SAND OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN VAGINA ABOUT LOSING YOUR ABS! READ THE FUCKING STICKIES AND GET A REAL ROUTINE!

All right, all right, it's just hard to stop it because I am more ripped than anyone I have ever seen in real life, but I want the size too. I guess I'll give it a go.

Sorry about the stickies thing, I'm new to forums in general and only post in the MMA discussion. Sorry guys!!!!

SexShootor said:
Urban said:

All right, all right, it's just hard to stop it because I am more ripped than anyone I have ever seen in real life, but I want the size too. I guess I'll give it a go.

Sorry about the stickies thing, I'm new to forums in general and only post in the MMA discussion. Sorry guys!!!!

Nobody cares how ripped you are. Eat some food. Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if you get banned for your blick penis comment.

SexShootor said:

You sound like your not too sure about your priorities. You are wanting to get big, but it sounds like you don't want to lose your "Ripped" status. So, look at your options, then act on the needs.

Really you have three options:
1.) Stay ripped and not risk adding weight
2.) Try to slow gain weight while staying ripped. Stay on a strict diet and add protein. It will be very slow going but at your body weight a few pounds will make a difference. Hell, 10 pounds of muscle will make you look much larger.
3.) Screw the abs, eat like a man and grow. You'll probably lose the abs and then have to work your way back to getting ripped once you are as a big as you want to be. Though chances are if you go down this path you'll just keep getting bigger and never get the ripped back.

SexShootor said:
noskill you're personality sucks black dick...but you're right, my diet sucks.

Truth is just like love.
sometimes it hurts.

Stick around and learn the gospel.

Thanks guys! datadog and noskill you're right. I'm not sure what I want, I think I want to add like ten pounds of muscle. I always wanted to fight at lightweight though.
Do you guys suggest any supplements? should I shouldn't I?
More importantly though, is my break down of chest and squats twice a week and back, arms, and shoulders once a week ok? I can only work at 4 days in a row...it sucks!

SexShootor said:
Thanks guys! datadog and noskill you're right. I'm not sure what I want, I think I want to add like ten pounds of muscle. I always wanted to fight at lightweight though.
Do you guys suggest any supplements? should I shouldn't I?
More importantly though, is my break down of chest and squats twice a week and back, arms, and shoulders once a week ok? I can only work at 4 days in a row...it sucks!

did you even read the link i posted? like, the entire thing? a good program is outlined there. in other words, your split is not good, and you only need to lift 3 days a week.

If your big problem is that the only days you can work out are lined up four in a row, you can still reap the benefits of the all powerful Bench/deadlift/squat split. Personally, I'd break it down to
1Deadlift
2Rest
3Bench
4Squat

You know how to fill in the days if you have read the sticky.

Squat is at the end because it gets me sore. Deadlift is the first day because you need to be rested to deadlift (more so than squat, it seems to me, anyway) and the bench is in between to give your lower body 1 more rest day before the squat.

And get some eating habits down. I always have a huge bag of shelled peanuts by the computer. Find your own.

you can also do two workouts with two days rest in between

squat
bench
rows

deads
military press
chins

Back