help with workout....

hank

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking for advice in building a 45min - 60min work out that i can do before my class each night.

At the moment i do 3 classes a night for 4hrs, sometimes these can be really tough and sometimes a bit easy, depends on what session it is (like the wrestling classes kills, but MMA might be easier if we dont roll much etc) Usually 4 times a week

I am looking for a work out that would not only help me lose weight/build cardio but also practice my techniques for different disciplines. I am looking to have might first fight before the end of the year.

I was thinking of 5 x 5min rounds with 1 min break in between, but changing exercises every 1min during rounds, then a 5min break and repeat.

Does anybody have any good suggestion on what can be added

So far i have come up with

Sprawls, burpee's, push up's, sit ups, skipping rope, jogging, kicks, punches, ground and pound, hip escapes

what else can be added? and also if anybody has some tips in what order to put these in

Thanks for the help

Why would you make a 4 hour class a 5 hour class? Wouldn't you rather work on your conditioning on your off days?

Why would you make a 4 hour class a 5 hour class? Wouldn't you rather work on your conditioning on your off days?

because I end up just wasting this time, usually sitting around waiting for training, so why not train? And sometimes the 4hrs of training isnt that hard, so i want to put in something that is constant

Personally if I had a bunch of time before class I would do a light warm-up and then do a bunch of skill work e.g. shadow boxing, light heavy bag work, double-end bag. I don't have any grappling experience but I'm sure there's similar drills that you can do. My reasoning is that I would want to be fresh for the actual training time so I could make the best of it. If you feel like the class wasn't hard enough end it with 50 or 100 burpees.

WTF do you do in a 4 hour class? You can`t possibly do anything with any kind of intensity. And adding another hour on top of it doesn`t seem like a good idea.

Also, if all you want is a random workout just check out crossfit.

lolDidYouSeeThat.png

nice to see a mod in spam mode...

Why does it offend you that it might also be laughing at you? I find it refreshing for a mod to have a sense of humor. Better to seem human than a jackass on a power trip.

Back