Help with Koral Gi

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Bigramrod, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Bigramrod

Bigramrod White Belt

Hey guys, I'm looking at an MKM gi and wasn't sure whether to go with the A2 or A3.
    I'm about 5 9 or 5 10 and 205lbs. Most of that weight is in my lower half though and I have shortish arms so not sure if the top would be too baggy.

Anybody else with a similar body type/size got any advice?

Thanks.

2. nodferatu

nodferatu Drilling in the south

I was 5'9 and 160 with an A2 and the gi was quite baggy on me. I know I'm 40 lbs lighter than you but if it was that baggy on me then it should be snug on you.

3. TheBJJProfessor

TheBJJProfessor Brown Belt

I would go with the A2 unles you plan to buy the a3, shrink it down a lot, and then hem the sleeves and pants. It also really depends how/where you carry your weight.

I've run GiReviews.Net for years and probably worn 40-50 different gis at this point so we'll be able to get your straightened out.

4. haji

haji White Belt

I would definitely try one on before you buy. You probably need a2?
    In my experience koral doesn't shrink at all. They are preshrunk and you don't want to run them hot in he dryer- the rubber collar can get messed up.
    Get a Padilla and sons a3 lightweight. Similar to koral classic and you will save almost $100.