Help with finding a GI

DeathByLauzon

White Belt
Reaction score
I am stuck. I am 6'2 175 pounds, but im still losing weight. I own a A3 Atama Goldweave, and a Keiko A3 and both fit weird on me. The atama is much too big on me, and the keiko is way to short on me. Both washed in cold water, and air dried. Well now I want to buy a new one and I just cant decide. Should i just get an A2 and hope its not too short, or should i just an A3 and deal with it being baggy? Any suggestions? Thanks :icon_conf

thanks guys, i appreciate it. I have been thinking about buying a manto, just hadn't made up my mind yet. The limited reviews I can find on them are mixed, but I might just try one out. Anybody on here had any experience with them?

Read all the Gi threads just from the last week.
I'm pretty sure that some one said the Manto was BIG and Boxy and that the pants were huge.

Fushida is the way to go for a slimmer fit.
Then there is also a Sherdog poster that custom tailors your Gi to your measurements when you order.

I think he might be in Canada?
Seems like it had "Red" in the name....
Any one know?

I'm 6'2" and weigh 185, but I do sometimes get down to 175.

Gameness A3's always fit me the best. The platinum is my favorite.

I also have a redstar that was mentioned above and the A3 fits me perfectly as well...although Egor @ redstart will custom fit the gi for your measurements too, if needed.

i wouldn't suggest a manto for a slim fit. they are indeed boxy, and the pants are sumo huge. that said, some folks swear the keikos are great for lanky guys, and i've found that those run large as well (they just have a better cut that hugs your body without leaving a bunch of redundant fabric under the arms and in the back). it all boils down to personal preference.

OTM gis tend to run slim. the new ouano's look like a nice fit. they're slimmer than the old ouano cut and, according to a friend, slightly more fitted than his syr. and yeah, fushida rocks with the custom sizing for tall, lean and/or husky fellas. re redstar, i don't think they actually tailor the whole gi -- i think they just shorten pants/sleeves. i could be mistaken.

That Redstar claim sounds a bit too good.. does anyone know for sure?

That Redstar claim sounds a bit too good.. does anyone know for sure?

they will do their best to make sure you get the proper fit by mixing sizes for you or even tailoring a Gi for you.

thanks guys, ill look in to all of that. Not getting a manto, would hate to be swimming in the thing.

My understanding is that Redstar custom alters the Sleeves and pants and they mix sizes for you based on your measurements

Ouano does custom sizing for a higher price and I've heard they are good for slimmer guys anyways. I wanted one of the new comp gis but it was too expensive with shipping to Canada, so I'm ordering a Fushida.

Back