Help with Electrical Theory and the math involved

TheOneAboveAll3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I am learning about
Overview of Circuit Components - Resistor, Capacitor, Inductor, Transistor, Diode, Transformer and it is hard to understand.

Like what is a capacitor, resistor, diode? is it some sort of material or wire?

this is the video I am trying to learn.

What's so hard to understand?

The video was a bit hard to understand to tell you the truth. Did you watch it? Those drawing of capicitors, resistors and everything else is a bit complicated.

A diode is like a geode, but for energy.

The video was a bit hard to understand to tell you the truth. Did you watch it? Those drawing of capicitors, resistors and everything else is a bit complicated.

Not really man. It's pretty simple.

Do whatever it takes to pass the test. You don't need almost all that shit when you become an electrician. Shit will never get brought up again. Pull wire/bend conduit then as soon as possible, when a maintenance job comes up, snatch that shit up ASAP. Then you can live an easy life, put your 20 years in and retire with a comfy pension.

All you'll need is an Ugly's pocketbook.
9780763771263.jpg

Do whatever it takes to pass the test. You don't need almost all that shit when you become an electrician. Shit will never get brought up again. Pull wire/bend conduit then as soon as possible, when a maintenance job comes up, snatch that shit up ASAP. Then you can live an easy life, put your 20 years in and retire with a comfy pension.

All you'll need is an Ugly's pocketbook.
9780763771263.jpg

Some of the questions though on a Journeyman exam or masters exam deal with these math or electrical theory. Yeah I am thinking of getting an Uglys book but dont know if I am ready for a step like that.

Hi, I am learning about
Overview of Circuit Components - Resistor, Capacitor, Inductor, Transistor, Diode, Transformer and it is hard to understand.

Like what is a capacitor, resistor, diode? is it some sort of material or wire?

this is the video I am trying to learn.

Resistors, diodes, and transistors can be ANYTHING. They're just concepts, a resistor can be a potato, a 10 kg weight, a cell phone could work, but they are commonly made out of metal wire because it is cheaper and vastly easier to calibrate to say 50 ohm. A diode is a type of logic gate that allows current to flow through a circuit when it is open and allows 0 current to flow through when it is closed. Like in a computer, if you give a computer half the watts required it doesn't work half as fast it doesn't work at all.

Last edited:
Electricity was made up by the Reptilian New Order so that they can get people to pay for utilities and control social media.

FluidLiquidCranefly-max-1mb.gif

Resistors, diodes, and transistors can be ANYTHING. They're just concepts, a resistor can be a potato, a 10 kg weight, a cell phone could work, but they are commonly made out of metal wire because it is cheaper and vastly easier to calibrate to say 50 ohm. A diode is a type of logic gate that allows current to flow through a circuit when it is open and allows 0 current to flow through when it is closed. Like in a computer, if you give a computer half the watts required it doesn't work half as fast it doesn't work at all.

Yeah... it might also have something to do how well metals are as conductors. And, resistors are not made of metal.

I don't mean to be rude or insulting but honestly I don't even understand how that video can be confusing. It is just a very simple overview of electronics components. If you can't graphs the fundamental basics of transistors, diodes, resistors Etc, then maybe electrical work is not you're best choice. I'm not an electrical engineer by any means but I have work in semiconductor manufacturing for several years. Things get Much much more complicated, particularly in integrated circuits such a CPUs.
Out of curiosity are you looking to get into you work as an electrical technician? If so, u might be fine. But if you're thinking about electronics engineer, developer, or something of the sort , i would highly suggest looking into a different career path

Yeah... it might also have something to do how well metals are as conductors. And, resistors are not made of metal.
Metal in image

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-024920_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-024920_Chrome.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 5
I don't mean to be rude or insulting but honestly I don't even understand how that video can be confusing. It is just a very simple overview of electronics components. If you can't graphs the fundamental basics of transistors, diodes, resistors Etc, then maybe electrical work is not you're best choice. I'm not an electrical engineer by any means but I have work in semiconductor manufacturing for several years. Things get Much much more complicated, particularly in integrated circuits such a CPUs.
Out of curiosity are you looking to get into you work as an electrical technician? If so, u might be fine. But if you're thinking about electronics engineer, developer, or something of the sort , i would highly suggest looking into a different career path
Op will be onto something else next week.

Back