Help with electric chair

ALPHA KS

White Belt
Reaction score
I like to play a lot of lockdown half guard. A guy a roll with a lot is used to my style so kinda knows what I'm gonna do. I don't overly telegraph it but sometimes when I go for an electric chair, before I can lock up his leg with my arms he kicks his leg straight back so I can't reach it. So what I want to know is if that is opening anything up for me. I feel like he looses his base when he defends like that. Is that opening up any sweeps or anything like that?

sound's like the perfect opportunity to pop up to dog fight position if you know more about the 10th planet system

I think its called dog fight position, basically you are parallel to you opponent and he as a whizzer on you

[YT]ocdrU8sGU30[/YT]

I have never hit that submission on anyone ever. The sweep however, has been pretty successful for me, and it's my go to sweep from half guard.

I have never hit that submission on anyone ever. The sweep however, has been pretty successful for me, and it's my go to sweep from half guard.

I like the sub. I've got it on a big guy once but most athletes can handle the stretch. So I'll test in then go for the sweep if it doesn't work. Sometimes I'll throw the leg over in to stoner controll and look for a vaporize. Same sequence Eddie used against Royler

i hit it all the time. dont over focus on cool, and go to the basic half and half butterfly JJ type sweep....JJ is about space dont forget

Back