help with diet for training

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by kpete848, Oct 30, 2010.

1. kpete848

kpete848 Orange Belt

so Im wondering if anyone has a meal / diet plan that is good for gaining some weight, I go to the gym 3 days a week and 3 other days im training Jiu jitsu wrestling and muay thai. im 160 right now and would like to eat enough to get to around 170, any help would be great

2. Jacked Daniels

Jacked Daniels Purple Belt

4000 calories a day 250+ grams of protien. heres your 3 day gym routine

1. bench/squat
    2. ohp/deadlift
    3. row/front squat

3. kpete848

kpete848 Orange Belt

sweet thanks ya im up for that sounds good to me, any good foods you suggest for cals ?? or meals to make?

4. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

Milk is simple if you can tolerate it. 2500 calories in a gallon, along with 150 grams of protein.

For your training routine, I'd encourage you to wander over to the S&C forum, and read the stickied threads there. There are several good beginner routines that would fit nicely with your schedule and goals.

5. Justice 4 All

Justice 4 All Brown Belt

GOMAD's (Gallon Of Milk a Day) great. Personally I can't stand it, something about excessive milk drinking that makes me drowsy and nauseous. But the while I did stick by it, I already gained quite a bit of weight.

If you can do GOMAD and a strength training program based on compound movements, then you're set.

6. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

rice, evoo, beef. milk can work for some, but a lot of people have problems with the lactose. eggs are good as well