Help with backyard circuits.

groundartist

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking to create a static circuit for me and my friends - we range from the 5 foot powerhouse, to the 6 ft 2 inch lanky grappler, to the 290lb defensive tackle. We are home from college and looking to get back in shape and/or staying in shape. We want to build a circuit training regime that we can do together in my backyard - utilizing many low tech tools including tire and hammer, ropes and tires, homemade sandbags, as well as kettlebells and med balls that I have.

I currently just run in the mornings, a little interval running, and starting to eat healthier - as I plan on burning fat more than anything. My friends however work on a very different m3tabolic level and seem to burn fat easier, and are looking for functional strength gains and more core strength. None of us are fans of low intensity workouts, though I have resorted to it, but this is really all in effort to get back into a high intensity environment.

We all generally have good body mechanics and form, though we've yet to start doing much low tech workouts. We have been weight training since high school together. Two of us are currently in BJJ, Boxing, and/or have wrestling experience.

I could use some help, I need some input and ideas on what sort of circuits / routines would be good for us. Preferably utilizing some of the tools I mentioned earlier. I previously had a two circuit routine - including tire flips and sledgehammers, sled/tire pulling, kettlebell snatches and swings, med ball slams and throws, and sandbag workouts. Though I don't really know if I should isolate pushing exercises from pulling exercises, or just mix them all together with 30 second intervals of doing a circuit 5 times with 1 minute rest, then moving onto a different circuit doing that 5 times at 30 second intervals at each station too. Finishing off the days workout with 3 five minute rounds sparring.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

+1 for rosstraining
Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness has fuckloads of shit you can try to...

But in the end its easy and fun to create workouts like this... Mix and match back and forth between bodyweigh stuff and different implements and push yourself hard.

My self over the last days I have fallen in love with heavy ass stones out in nature for instance, simple tool, lots of options, mix in sledgehammer, sprints, bearcrawls, etc..

Oh and for endurance shit it is good to mix and match pulling and pushing uperbody shit and lowerbody shit to...

Back