Help with a Big Decision: Glock 17 Gen 4 or S&W M&P 9

My first gun was a glock 22, same as 17 just different caliber, and I never had 1 problem with it. I got a sig sp2022 in 40 and decided to trade for a glock 19, but I loved the glock 22.
I have no experience with M&P but they have built a good reputation. I think either is an excellent choice. I would go with whichever felt better in your hand.

Glock 17. I have a gen 4 glock 23 and feel its about the perfect all around handgun. Too bad you can't get a 19. If I was restricted to something big, I would just buy a glock 21 or 20 though.

Cant really go wrong with any glock IMO, I have
-19 x3
-17 x2

Thanks everyone for the input! I bought the glock 17 today, put 150 rounds down range, not one issue. I love it, feels great in my hands. Only small issue is that the rear sight is over far to the left. I don't have a glock sight tool, is their a way i can safely move the rear sight without breaking it. Thank You. I will provide pic after work.

Good choice and congrats, you will not regret it

Thanks everyone for the input! I bought the glock 17 today, put 150 rounds down range, not one issue. I love it, feels great in my hands. Only small issue is that the rear sight is over far to the left. I don't have a glock sight tool, is their a way i can safely move the rear sight without breaking it. Thank You. I will provide pic after work.

You were issued your STATT and reg cert on the same day?

Last edited:
You were issued your STATT and reg cert on the same day?

Yep, cfo office in sk is pretty good. Prairie gun traders called while I was in shop...within 20 mins I had temp registration and statt. I already have my long term. They put me on the phone once..I confirm my details and request for possesion and my address for statt. Very quick and painless in sk

Are they the factory plastic sights or the steel ones? A lot of people shoot Glocks to the left, so you'll see the rear slight slightly adjusted to the right (that's how mine are set).

A lot of people shoot Glocks to the left, so you'll see the rear slight slightly adjusted to the right (that's how mine are set).

Shoots to the left you say?

20130924_join_these_dems.jpg

Are they the factory plastic sights or the steel ones? A lot of people shoot Glocks to the left, so you'll see the rear slight slightly adjusted to the right (that's how mine are set).

Mine are the plastic ones. I don't want to risk breaking anything so maybe i will take it down to the gun shop next time i go to the range and see if they have a tool for it.

Back