Help to choose my new boxing gloves

JIM88

White Belt
Reaction score
Birthday time soon so time to get a birthday list of new training gear i would like:D just can't decide what boxing gloves to get though. I have an old wrist injury from my motocross days which plays up a bit while training, i use wraps but want to get some gloves with good wrist support as well. so far i've looked at the venum and rival gloves can any one else recommend some??

Bag Gloves? If so you can't go wrong with Hayabusa gloves. The wrist support is outstanding on the 10 oz and 16 oz gloves.

For sparring i'd recommend the Grant gloves, but they are pricey.

i do like the look of the hayabusa gloves with the double strap, think the rival rs2v have it too. I would like something in 12 or 14oz, do hayabusa do some or are they only 10 and 16oz?

Just 10 & 16 oz. unfortunately. Haven't tried the Rivals yet but they don't look like the offer good wrist protection. The velcro strap is pretty small/thin.

I've got a pair of Rival Rb3 bag gloves. Love 'em. Enough wrist support for me, and I've had my share of wrist problems. I've used some gloves that have aggravated my wrist problems (some sort of RSI) , but not these. Barely feel any strain on the wrist or hand, but I can still feel the impact and whether I'm hitting the right spot or not.

Haven't had a chance to use their sparring gloves, but if they're anything like the bag gloves, you shouldn't have any problem. I've all but decided on them the next time I need sparring gloves.

I just bought a pair of Rival rs2v gloves. BY FAR the best gloves I've used (they're replacing a pair of Twins I bought at Lumpinee Stadium). Amazing wrist support. Can't recommend them enough.

Also consider the size of your wrists. I have smallish wrists. Some gloves with nice thick, firm, beefy straps do nothing to protect me because the glove's circumference is too big - even when I wrap the heck out of my wrists.

Top King has some good gloves if someone wants to get you them as a present. If you're comfortable with Rival or Venum gloves then fair play, they have some pretty cool designs but it's not suprising that they come at a premium.

I just got a pair of the Lonsdale Premier bag gloves and so far am very impressed with them! I have tried quite a few pairs of gloves and these meet and exceed all my requirements. Excellent wrist support, quality glove and nice padding. Also the inside lining feels very good and feels like it molds to one's hand. I can only imagine what the Lonsdale Elite line feels like. But for now, I am more than happy with the premiers which are also on sale at Ringside! Before the Lonsdale I used Boon and Fairtex for bag work

Back