Help the refs...

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it is easy for us to judge how a ref performed but the UFC should implement a camera and microphone set up for referees, this could help them talk with cage side doctors and their corners with the use of translators, during the fight. Also, this way fans can see and hear exactly the same thing the refs do. What do you think might help the UFC improve as it becomes more mainstream?

giphy.gif

It is a good idea.
In general, I think the refs do a good job. Like everyone else, if a fighter I like is stopped by tko, I think it is stopped prematurely...

So Chael Sonnen can say that the fight was rigged, because the ref had a microphone?

So the referee could be distracted by corners making various complaints as well as concerned medical staff mid fight? Sounds like a nightmare to me, I think there's so much going on in MMA they need their whole attention on the two fighting personally, people just need to give ref's a break.

So the referee could be distracted by corners making various complaints as well as concerned medical staff mid fight? Sounds like a nightmare to me, I think there's so much going on in MMA they need their whole attention on the two fighting personally, people just need to give ref's a break.
It would be one way traffic on the mic for the corners. If medical staff are concerned the ref should be alerted. This is what I mean, fights could be stopped when they should for lack of referring and if a fight looks to be stopped early, we get a chance to see exactly what the ref seen to cause him to stop it. Angles mean everything.

Last edited:
Maybe we should attach electrodes to the brain and an LED mounted on their head so when the lights go out, the lights literally go out.

Just make every fight to the death

I’d love for the UFC to adopt challengers that way jon ”can’t get a boner” Jones stops getting away with his pathetic eye poking. It’s not enough he’s got orangutan arms at LHW but he needs to eye gouge his way to victory

Back