Help: Stalling Out/Not Progressing Quickly Enough

How long have you been training TS? I don't know how long you've been training, but those are pretty low. I think you may benefit from a program that has a fast progression than 5/3/1.

I bet you could add 10lbs a week to your squat for the next 6 months.

i think rip bullshits a little bit on time frames to better "sell" his program.

given, it is an amazing program, but i do find the gain expectations a bit far fetched for most people.

I think it's a bit funny that people associate TM with Rip and not Glenn Pendlay. Pendlay has littered the internet with nuggets of gold.

How long have you been training TS? I don't know how long you've been training, but those are pretty low. I think you may benefit from a program that has a fast progression than 5/3/1.

I bet you could add 10lbs a week to your squat for the next 6 months.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. 10 pounds per week for the next 6 months? That's 240 pounds, which mean he was squatting around 480-500 pounds for a 1rm. There's just no way someone can ride that aggressive of a linear progression for that long.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. 10 pounds per week for the next 6 months? That's 240 pounds, which mean he was squatting around 480-500 pounds for a 1rm. There's just no way someone can ride that aggressive of a linear progression for that long.

And if 10lbs a week for 6 months were reasonable, surely 5lbs a week for the next 6 months would also be reasonable. Meaning a +600lbs squat in under a year. It's not going to happen, unless someone is very gifted, on loads of PEDs, has a hydraulic squat suit, or some combination of the above.

6 months of 5/3/1 is just getting started. You can do this program for years, man. Just keep truckin'.

I was being a bit hyperbolic when i said that but there are still numerous ways to fiddle with the volume/intensity of a 5x5 to milk out linear gains. You may not make weekly prs but 10lbs every two weeks or so.

I've debated switching over to Madcow. I ran it for two weeks once, wasn't crazy about it.
I like assistance (particularly BBB) too much, and also those first four weeks are so light. I know it gets insane after that, but still. It does seem like an awesome program though.

Thanks everyone again for the feedback.

Back