HELP! Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

InvictusVeritas

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So, my pops just won one in a raffle and he is not really technically savvy. So what can you tell me about it so I can pass that info on. For example does it need antivirus and anything else. What apps are necessary/good thanks.

I'm pretty sure you can get an antivirus from the App store for free. The best apps to have would probably be Utorrent for downloading stuff.

I'm pretty sure you can get an antivirus from the App store for free. The best apps to have would probably be Utorrent for downloading stuff.

Sweet thanks! How is the android platform? Do you know if it is possible for my pops to transfer the music he has on his computer to the tablet, or is he going to have to set up an account with amazon or some place like that and have to purchase music to get it to play on the tablet. Sorry if these are lame questions, I am just not familiar with the tablet at all. True noob to android.

Because Bumping it sometimes a ban hammer thing, I am not bumping. Looking for no Bant hammer, just ways to navigate.

Sweet thanks! How is the android platform? Do you know if it is possible for my pops to transfer the music he has on his computer to the tablet, or is he going to have to set up an account with amazon or some place like that and have to purchase music to get it to play on the tablet. Sorry if these are lame questions, I am just not familiar with the tablet at all. True noob to android.

No just drag and drop after plugging in the USB cable :)

installing an antivirus will affect you processing power, it will slow down your android... since this is for your pops I doubt he is going to be installing everything and downloading anything like a dumb teenger, you really dont need an antivirus if you know what you are going to install and you dont go into weird pages with the browser. Just my opinion, good luck

galaxy tab uses google play not app store

galaxy tab uses google play not app store
"App Store" is a pretty standard reference to Google Play or any market where you download apps, dude. Also, the Galaxy Tab 2.0 comes with a Samsung app that connects you to a Tab-optimized archive of apps selected by Samsung. So maybe he meant that.

Back