Help Please!

Tanner32

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello i weigh about 220 and i was looking to be around 200 or in the 190's by mid to late january... i was wondering if you guys have any help on how many calories i should be eating a day and how many times a day or anything else that could help.

Thank you

Tanner32 said:
Hello i weigh about 220 and i was looking to be around 200 or in the 190's by mid to late january... i was wondering if you guys have any help on how many calories i should be eating a day and how many times a day or anything else that could help.

Thank you

I second this man's request and figure better to reply then start another thread. Personally, I have not trained in a couple of years and packed on about 30 pounds in the process, which I need to shed off asap. If any of you guys have a good lifting program targeting fat loss instead of developing mass I would greatly appreciate it.

say 220x15=cals you SHOULD be taking in. subtract around 800 for a noticeable weight change. i believe thats the formula. lift weights and cardio and such.. proper diet is key. a colon cleanse would be in order too.

second post, same as above, just dont lift much weight.

a... colon... cleanse...?

guess i'd rather be fat.

wrassler.

Wrassler said:
a... colon... cleanse...?

guess i'd rather be fat.

wrassler.

dont be such a pussy. youd be surprised how much "shit" is actually in you. either get a colonic or if ur afraid to do that, u could at least get some colon cleanser supps from gnc. but yea, if ur not into that anyway, make sure u get enough fiber, alot of people i know dont, and it helps alot.

so about 2500 calories a day would be a good amount to start losing weight with

thanks

Tanner32 said:

Thank you

Ugh I posted this in the conditioning forum

Exercise is the sure way to lose weight.. Exercise before breakfast, each whole grains, LEAN meats.. an fresh GREEN veggies..

All this low carb BS is stupid as Hell and fucking ridiculous.. Low carb diets are only meant for short periods.. losing weight and keeping it off is a life style change, not some trend.

There is a TON of info in this forum selection about it how to lose weight

Morning: 1/2 cup of Oatmeal and a Protein shake (if you need more eat eggs without the yolk)
Lunch: Lean meat (Chicken or turkey breast) green veggies (broccoli, spinach, turnups)Protein shake
Dinner: The above; substitute chicken or turkey breast for tuna

Run.. Interval train.. weighted Sit-ups

Before Breakfast run 2 miles at a good pace (should take you roughly 20-25 mins)
Workout.. working out burns calories and when you get bigger muscles they burn alot more calories..
Do weighted ab exercises 3 times a week (I do M,W,F) and occasionally Saturday but just body weight..

Interval train 1 time a week and bring it up to either 2-3 times
Go here and look stuff up >>Click Me<<
even look at sherdog

The secret to losing weight is burn more calories then you take in..
Search this forum for help I've already lost 55lbs (205-150) from taking the info on here and put all you've got into it.. It isn't just a physical thing to losing weight.. it's also mental so remeber that

Hope that helps and good luck

Cool! Thanks Jester. Since training has been on the low end of my priorities for 3 years, it fuckin scared me when I went to a gym and could not lift shit.

Tanner32 said:
so about 2500 calories a day would be a good amount to start losing weight with

thanks

yup, sounds about right. after a while your body will adjust to taking in less, so you will need to change it up and take in more for a lil while.

Tanner32 said:

Thank you

With Thanksgiving and Christmas on the horizon...I'd say you're doomed.

neosamurai1979 said:
With Thanksgiving and Christmas on the horizon...I'd say you're doomed.

As far as being doomed you aren't (unless you just stuff your shit full of food).. All that I've said is regergated info from other members that has helped me lose alot of my weight..

As far as calories are concerned.. don't be (as long as they are healthy and not sweets and ectera)

Eat 5-6 times a day.. but let it be good food. I rarely eat in one sitting anything more then 200-300 (including protein shakes).. so don't let calories be concerned if your eating healthy (4 dry cups of spinach lettuces=20 calories) As long as you fill up on good foods; Lean meats, GREEN VEGGIES, good fats(Omega-3 fatty acids found in Tuna and fish pills)

So this limiting 2500 calories is BS.. eat healthy. Stay away from refined sugars, white breads..and just junk bro..

Also burn more calories (jog every morning about 2 miles at a good pace) and do some interval training.. start out safe with once a week then up it..

ObsceneJester said:
As far
So this limiting 2500 calories is BS..

wrong. look, just counting cals isnt gonna work. just eating well isnt gonna work. just working out isnt gonna work. they all work together and you see a big change. what works for jester may not work for me. that being said, i look at the cals for everything i eat, i try to go about 500-800 under what the equation says. its worked for me. ive lost 70+ lbs. you wont get it perfect as soon as you start a diet. you will have to tweak it until its just right for you. best of luck.

Thanks guys im starting today i ate chicken for lunch and tuna for dinner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back