Help picking bag gloves

37dogg

White Belt
Reaction score
new guy here, been lurking for awhile and finally got an account set up.

just want to add some bag work into my work out. my main objectives for training right now would be; technique, strength, training that would be more beneficial on the street(hey, u never know!) as opposed to in the ring - for now at least.

i have a brand new wavemaster from years ago - yes i know its a pos but i'm going to destroy it and then pick up a heavy bag & stand! for now my only training would be bag work, no sparring or anything else.

from lurking the best gloves for me seem like the 12oz KO fightgear ones. i have relatively small hands - 8" across when i measured and small wrists also. the other gloves that interested me were the boons.

what brand gloves($75 or less) and OZ would you recommend for someone new to the game and strictly doing bag work?

Thanks!

These for 12oz

http://www.kofightgear.com/sparring_gloves.htm

Ignore the name. They're perfect for bagwork and are p4p some of the best gloves for the price. You don't need anything more expensive than these right now and they're better than a lot of more expensive ones. Get them and love them forever okay?

edit:

didnt even read your OP before posting, the good news is that you were 100% right and KOFG are the best gloves for you right now imo

Boon seem to have quality control issues but their gloves from reputable sources are a good buy, but I think the KOFG fit your criteria and you'll be happy enough with them that you won't need to spend any more $$$ for now so long as you wrap up properly with 180" handwraps.

Last edited:
These for 12oz

http://www.kofightgear.com/sparring_gloves.htm

Ignore the name. They're perfect for bagwork and are p4p some of the best gloves for the price. You don't need anything more expensive than these right now and they're better than a lot of more expensive ones. Get them and love them forever okay?

edit:

didnt even read your OP before posting, the good news is that you were 100% right and KOFG are the best gloves for you right now imo

Boon seem to have quality control issues but their gloves from reputable sources are a good buy, but I think the KOFG fit your criteria and you'll be happy enough with them that you won't need to spend any more $$$ for now so long as you wrap up properly with 180" handwraps.

ya i am really leaning towards the KOFG 12oz. for what i need them for would dropping to a 10oz benefit me anymore so than the 12's?

a 2oz difference isn't worth thinking about

okay cool. ill definitely pick up the 12oz KOFG gloves then. they are a cheap investment and i can't ignore all the rave reviews on them.

are the title mexican wraps decent?

hope i made the right choice with the KOFG's cause i just noticed the kimura reactive gloves 10oz on mmahq for $35:icon_neut

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back