Help pick a pair of Fairtex gloves plz

cl63

White Belt
Reaction score
im really confused on which gloves i should get. i know that fairtex makes quality items, so i at least know what brand im going to shoot for.

now, im having a hard time choosing between these 3 different styles:
BGV1
BGV4
BGV9

i have pretty long/skinny fingers. im about 5'11-6'0 and weigh 160lbs.
im going to be using these gloves purely for heavybag use. i need to know which gloves will fit me best. also, which size should i get (12,14,16oz) if im going to be putting handwraps under the gloves?

when im done with the handwraps and putting on the gloves, ide like to have a very snug/tight/packed feeling in my fists (if that makes any sense :icon_chee)

and also, can someone explain the pros/cons of having the little bar thing on the inside of the glove. i know the BGV4 has it, but im not sure about the others. if you know, can you please say.

thank you !!

That is a very tough deal to pass up. Other wise the TS should probably go with 12 to 14oz. BGV1's, if he is set on the gloves mentioned.

:icon_chee

so BGV1s in 12 or 14oz is what you suggest?

and also, can someone explain the pros/cons of having the little bar thing on the inside of the glove. i know the BGV4 has it, but im not sure about the others. if you know, can you please say.

thank you !!

bgv1 doesn't have the grip bar.

so BGV1s in 12 or 14oz is what you suggest?

I think you would be pleased with the BGV1's, as they are very nice, well made gloves. And, you may want to go with the 14oz. ones. Someone mentioned the lack of a grip bar, and while I like grip bars too, the BGV1's fit so well, the lack of a grip bar on them, has never been an issue for me personally. They feel very good when you make a fist.

The BGV4 is marketed as the Pro version of the BGV1, and it is the same glove with the exception of having a longer cuff, and the addition of a grip bar. I hope this helps.

:icon_chee

The did away with the grip bar because some find it to be a hindrance in the clinch. Same reason Fairtex gloves don't have the elongated cuffs. It's a true Muay Thai glove.

BGV-1 is excellent for all around use, the hand compartment is not too tight but it seems like what your are after.

Back