Help! My training partner is fighting my favourite fighter!

will you post the video of your friend getting KOed?

show your friend enson v igor.

enson couldnt stand at the end of the round so he had to throw the towel. he held on long enough not to get ko'd on the ground (igor in his guard for like 8 minutes gnping him) but when the round was over, he couldnt stand even with his corner guys helping him. tons of heart on enson, but damn.

Man, if he's fighting someone like Igor, who has fought in Pride many times. He should take the opporunity to watch ALL of his fights and use whatever he can in his fight against him. He's probably fked either way. But hey, anything can happen in a fight. But show him who he's up against. And he really should watch all of his fights and make some kind of fightplan.

I already talked to him about the fight. I told him who Igor is and the answer was: "it's an honor to fight a guy like that".
I know that this could be the fight of his life (even losing, if he fight well he can have some good contracts), but i feel it's to soon. I think they are seeing my friend as a can to feed Igor.
Fuck it. I think he will only learn the hard way.

Your friend is a ballsy, lucky, unfortunate motherfucker. Just how lucky will depend on how many people it will take to carry him out of that ring. Or his pieces.

lace his bones with adamantium :D

PutDaCream said:
I already talked to him about the fight. I told him who Igor is and the answer was: "it's an honor to fight a guy like that".
I know that this could be the fight of his life (even losing, if he fight well he can have some good contracts), but i feel it's to soon. I think they are seeing my friend as a can to feed Igor.
Fuck it. I think he will only learn the hard way.
get some tapes of igor, he has quite a few weaknesses.

however, if your friend can get igor on his back, he could win a round.

but I do not think i've ever seen igor gas, ever. Even in his first fights.

man he's dead... show him some fights... highlights from subfighter.com... anyway, watch a lot of igor fights... and write down on a paper what were his KO ending combos... that could help him

I can tell one obvious: he grabs right lowkick then big right overhand

http://videos.subfighter.com/highlights/fighter/Igor_Vovchanchyn_kain_Medium.wmv
http://videos.subfighter.com/highlights/fighter/Igor Vovchanchyn HL by David Fertitta.wmv
http://videos.subfighter.com/highlights/fighter/Igor_Vovchanchyn_HL_by_Daniel_Fodaum.wmv

(if direct link to subfighter is not allowed I will remove them)

Brazilian HKD said:
he could have a chance if he got the takedown...but if he is a street fighter...well striking against igor is not a good ideia unless you're crocop... and even him didn't wanted to strade punches against him...
heh Then again, Igor did well on the ground against Kondo and Nakamura, and I sort of doubt this guy's buddy isn't the level of Kondo or Nakamura, on the ground.

Whats your buddies name?

It's hopeless guys. I showed him some Igor's Highlights and he stills confident. He says that he is not worried about getting his ass kicked, he is only worried about making a good fight and get his shot to a better league.
So, if he wants to be a can, let him be a can. A 5'6 and 246lbs can...

Pray for your team mate.

Your friend is largely untested and going up against a certified bad-ass without so much as a cursory review of the man's style and technique in the ring?

I think the only meaningful help you'll be able to give him will be helping his cornermen lift his limp, comatose body out of the ring and onto a stretcher.

PutDaCream said:
It's hopeless guys. I showed him some Igor's Highlights and he stills confident. He says that he is not worried about getting his ass kicked, he is only worried about making a good fight and get his shot to a better league.
So, if he wants to be a can, let him be a can. A 5'6 and 246lbs can...
That is very very heavy for that height. Is he fat or strong (or both)?

PutDaCream said:
He don't care about Pride or UFC. He just want to fight...

Well fair play to him, A fights a fight and anybody can beat anybody. Igor is still a class act but he is not the monster he was 4 years ago.

What rules is he fighting under?

Bighead said:
I say let him fight and get drilled. I'd love to have a video tape of my friend getting his face cracked by Igor.

Wow you sound like a really good friend to have.

Back