Help! My training partner is fighting my favourite fighter!

PutDaCream

NO BELT
Reaction score
Guys, i'm in a big dilema... My training partner is fighting Igor Vovchanchyn in "Wind of Peresvit" (December 2). The guy is crazy, he will fight in switzerland mid November and two weeks later he will fight Igor. I don't know what to say to him. Belive me HE DON'T KNOW WHO IGOR IS!!! He will make the two fights for sure, and i'm afraid he might get hurt... What should i do?

And BTW, I know this has nothing to do with the grappling forum, but this is my 2nd HOME...

PutDaCream said:
Guys, i'm in a big dilema... My training partner is fighting Igor Vovchanchyn in "Wind of Peresvit" (December 2). The guy is crazy, he will fight in switzerland mid November and two weeks later he will fight Igor. I don't know what to say to him. Belive me HE DON'T KNOW WHO IGOR IS!!! He will make the two fights for sure, and i'm afraid he might get hurt... What should i do?

And BTW, I know this has nothing to do with the grappling forum, but this is my 2nd HOME...
show him some pride videos to help him out. he's probly f'd to be honest.

if you are in the game and do not know who ice cold is. Then there is something wrong with you.

He don't care about Pride or UFC. He just want to fight...

PutDaCream said:
He don't care about Pride or UFC. He just want to fight...
show him what he'll be going up against.

i'm not saying he should back down. But at least show the guy Igor's fighting style etc etc.

"Guys, what should I do?"

How about inform him???? Your friend sounds none too bright if he doesn't know anything about his opponent who is a famous MMA fighter. Duh.

he sounds hard headed,
guys like that, need to get injured to change their personality,
all you can do if your really his friend is to be there for him after
he's in the hospital.

a friend of mine got sick real bad, and I was the only one who showed
up at the hospital, so he took that as a sign of real friendship, and his
so called other friends..... he knew where to put them.

Your freind is probably fucked - there's a good chance he's going to take a beating, all you can do is help him train as much as possible so he can hopefully put on a good performance. He's contracted I assume so he'll have to fight anyway barring injury.

But from what you say I don't think he has much chance either way againsed someone the status of Igor.

so your training partner declines to know about his opponents, thus taking away any edge he might have by knowing something about their game. he also says pride and ufc don't matter but wants to be an mma fighter. he sounds like an ass with a really big ego that is well confused on what the fight game is about. i'd just let him do whatever and not worry about it, doesn't sound like he's too worried.

Commissar said:
If he has little experience, how did he get a shot at Igor?

A good manager, i guess...
In last year show (water of Peresvit) our federation sent our best fighter: http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=10865 (his record is not complete in sherdog. it's actualy 26-3-0 as you can see in here http://www.ukmmac.com/ ) and he did very well. This year they will send the two. My friend is our HW champion (we are a very small federation) and he thinks that he is also capable of doing the same as Rafael. But Rafael is on another level....

I say let him fight and get drilled. I'd love to have a video tape of my friend getting his face cracked by Igor.

eres portugues?

pray for him, and no, i am not joking

he could have a chance if he got the takedown...but if he is a street fighter...well striking against igor is not a good ideia unless you're crocop... and even him didn't wanted to strade punches against him...

igor was the reason why some brazilian vale tudo fighters retired earlier than they wanted

what kinda fighter is your friend? (striker/grappler)

good luck for your friend

If he's a streetfighter then he's likely a striker. And if he tries to strike with Igor he's going to be demolished. Hope for a quick KO or start preparing his obit now. You could show him Igor's fight with Overeem but I doubt it will do much good. If he doesn't care enough to know about his opponent then judt let him get the ass kicking of his life and learn some humility. Hopefully the ref does his job and stops the fight before serious injury.

Back