Help my hands are useless

holy tap dancing christ.
Start lifting and eating.
a lot.
being that light, you're not going to pack much of a punch even if you do improve your hands some.

throw the jab in every single variation you can think of.
learn it
know it
love it.
jab jab jab jab.

No I’m not Corey Hill or what ever I just have a ridiculously low body fat percentile

holy tap dancing christ.
a lot.
being that light, you're not going to pack much of a punch even if you do improve your hands some.

I'd LOVE to be 6'2 and 145 as a boxer

holy tap dancing christ.
a lot.

Holy shit, this guy knows the secret behind KO power! It was that simple! All I have to do is eat more and lift a lot!

Wow ROFL @ the idiot who told him to eat more and lift. Do you realize what he could do at 145 pounds with that kind of reach in boxing if he got very good technique wise? He'd be fighting guys who average like 5'6 or so.

wow and I thought I was tall for my weight with 6'0 150 pounds...

You need to work on your Jab I guess, hold the distance and you will be fine. (Teeps to the head should be easy too with that height advantage)

my patented key to KO power only applies to people who are 'concentration-camp' thin...
sorry to everyone else.

just seems to me, without damn near perfect technique -for both punching and footwork - even against guys that he out-reaches, he's going to get owned.
and, based on what he's said in this thread, he's years from good, much less perfect, technique.

Oyaretardburg: you can count your posts on one hand. talk shit after you contribute something worthwhile to the boards.

Yeah godamn that's crazy thin, here was me thinking I was lean at 6'4" and 160.

Try using a mirror to practice your strikes in front of. Make sure you focus on hitting targetted areas (nose, jaw, solar plexus etc). Practice makes perfect.

Ok opening this thread has shown me that 80% of people her look out for one another and 20% live to talk trash

Ok opening this thread has shown me that 80% of people her look out for one another and 20% live to talk trash

Dont be so sensitive. There was lots of advice given, mostly going back to just practicing more. If you post a video, people could pick out weak points, but if your question is just "how do I get better at hands?" what do you expect other than, "uh...practice?"

Like what was mentioned here, just keep practicing. And when you spar, spar just with your hands every now and then.

If you have access to a heavy bag or a stand-up Martial Arts bag, take some duct tape in the shape of an "X" or something and put it in a few different places on the bag. ie., nose, kidneys, ribs, chin, temple, etc. etc. Focus on your footwork and hip movement when you throw your punches and aim for those spots alternating arms.

You'll know immediatly if you're throwing a good punch the second you connect. If it wasnt a good punch, switch it up until you know it is one.

Just keep practicing man, it doesnt come overnight.

Back