Help my hands are useless

BDelurey

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm 6 foot 2 inches and 145pounds so I have longer reach then 90% of the people I spar with... yet for some reason I can stop kicking or clinching quick I don't know what it is but my striking is pathetic any ideas on things I can do to build up my confidence when striking...?:redface: I

It's usually the short guys that complain about having problems with striking, guess this is an exception :D.

This may not apply to your case but: if you're young and you've recently grown it takes your brain a while to fully adapt body coordination to your new height.

damn im about the same as you and 5'6 would be an interesting match, i didnt know you guys come this tall, just a question what are some of your lifting abilities just curious to see how they would compare to mine.

wow youre tall for your weight, eat more chicken

just try more and analyze your strengths. your confidence would always suck if you keep telling yourself that your striking is pathetic.

Take up boxing. Or if you can just spar hands only, but concentrating solely on boxing with proper coaching will get you results.

If you feel that your hands are useless, cut em off for great justice. Other words, just train more. What you may lack in potential, you should make up in hard work. Train harder than your peers, keep a poker training face, and throw another combo.

well to all the people talkign about me falling and what not i'm 17 i cant fight for another year so idk besides i'd rather fall on the ground i'm better there... the problem is someone will see my weak hands and try to stand up the whole time... and if the other guys better and stuffs all my shots i'm forced to stand so i gotta learn now

and no i didnt grow to 6ft 2inches over night i used to the size

well to all the people talkign about me falling and what not i'm 17 i cant fight for another year so idk besides i'd rather fall on the ground i'm better there... the problem is someone will see my weak hands and try to stand up the whole time... and if the other guys better and stuffs all my shots i'm forced to stand so i gotta learn now

and no i didnt grow to 6ft 2inches over night i used to the size

You'll probably get bigger since you're only 17 but if you stay around the weight you are now, you can pose serious problems for guys if you know how to use your range.

I don’t know if I’ll get bigger but that would be great. Yea I got the tools... it’s just a matter of learning how to use them to the best of their abilities.

Like anything its just mastering your craft I guess

practice practice practice! practice makes perfect but only if you practice perfect! have someone record you during heavy bag,mitt and sparring training to see where any mistakes may lie and just keep with your training and have confidence in your hands..a guy your weight and size should almost always have the reach advantage so use it wisely!

Back