HELP! Muscle Pain Problem

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by EducatedFool, Mar 10, 2008.

1. EducatedFool

EducatedFool Yellow Belt

Before you start to flame me, I not only did a search, but I actually cycled through the entire section.

Anyways, I'm in a bit of a bind right now. I have a No Gi BJJ tournement comming up this Saturday, and I woke up this morning and my left knee has been irritating me all day. I haven't done any real hard work outs on my legs that would justify a tear, but I have never had a torn muscle either so I don't know what that feels like. Also, the joint in the same knee is a little stiff. I can walk on it just fine, every few minutes it bugs me a little though. What does this sound like to you guys? And is there any supplement I can take that would help speed up the recovery process (legally)?

2. Grizvok

Grizvok White Belt

I really can't say. I would RICE (Rest Ice Compression Elevate) it for a few days and see if it starts feeling any better.

3. EducatedFool

EducatedFool Yellow Belt

damn..... is this in the wrong section? If so, can this be moved?

4. Cooz

Cooz Brown Belt

well u asked whether you can take something for it so i guess it's the right section.

i want to say cissus has been discussed for such types of recovery but i could be wrong(do a search)

also..may want to ask the same thing in the grappling forum as i'm sure people have experienced the same thing. (as far as some quick rehab tips go)

5. momo203

momo203 White Belt

I have a similar issue. Torn MCL .. You basically wont notice it until you really mess it up. Mine used to hurt a little until the meniscus bent in on itself and locked the knee joint. I couldnt stretch my leg until I got it surgically repaired.

Anyways.. go to gnc or vitamin world and get yourself some joint soother/joint meds. It makes a world of difference. Also I hear fish-oil is good for the joints.

6. magicman

magicman Purple Belt

One foot in the City of God and the other in the T
    Probably a little late now, but I would ultimate nutrition ZMA. Its a good muscle recovery and its not that much. But it does fuck up ur sleep patterns(its does for me)