Help me pick my next pair of gloves

Mark Limbaga

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I'm planning to get another pair of MMA gloves in the next month or so. I plan to use them for padwork, clinching and light sparring. Right now, here are my choices

Primetime 7oz glove

PrimeTimePrime

+1 for the Cageside training gloves. They are approx 7oz and have a lot of padding, enough for light sparring for sure, and are very affordably priced compared to most other brands. I love em.

Curiously, what benefits/ differences would the cageside gloves offer that the Truth and combat sports versions can't

Curiously, what benefits/ differences would the cageside gloves offer that the Truth and combat sports versions can't

I've never used Truth or CSIs versions, so I can't compare, but I have great confidence in the Cageside gloves.

After checking out Truth's site, their gloves look quite similar to Cageside's with some minor modifications, so I guess you could go with them too for a similar style shooto glove.

Bear in mind that Cageside has a discount code for G&E users, so the price ends up being very comparable to the Truths.

I've never used Truth or CSIs versions, so I can't compare, but I have great confidence in the Cageside gloves.

After checking out Truth's site, their gloves look quite similar to Cageside's with some minor modifications, so I guess you could go with them too for a similar style shooto glove.

Bear in mind that Cageside has a discount code for G&E users, so the price ends up being very comparable to the Truths.

I already have the truth and CSI gloves... I'm looking more towards the "UFC type" gloves, but looking for something with a little more padding.

Crossdx, what's the discount code?

I already have the truth and CSI gloves... I'm looking more towards the "UFC type" gloves, but looking for something with a little more padding.

Crossdx, what's the discount code?

7% discount code for May: MayGE

Boomer's a really great guy, if you've never ordered from CagesideMMA before, give it a go. Btw, for international shoppers like us, contact him via email to place your order. The cart system is only for North American orders, I think. I've ordered from there thrice, and his customer service is hands down the best.

I've got the SSF primetimes. Did a review a while back and still dig them. I also have the CSIs and prefer the SSF to them. THey just have a better feel. Hard to explain. Better leather, better padding, easier on training partner still solid for me.

I also own the SSF shootos that were mentioned, I still use them some but spend most of my time in the SSSF primetimes. Don't think you can go wrong with anything bearing a SSF logo.

Hmm... of those posted above, the IMF look the most interesting as I've heard good things about the IMF Tech boxing gloves. They are all quite a bit pricier than the Cagesides and Truths though.

Try Cagesides we sell them and boomer sells them they are better than CSI training gloves in my opinion.

Hmm... of those posted above, the IMF look the most interesting as I've heard good things about the IMF Tech boxing gloves. They are all quite a bit pricier than the Cagesides and Truths though.

Yeah...oops, forgot to take price into consideration. But if you look at the CSI gloves the OP showed and the ones I suggested, mine were better for what he was planning on doing.

Back