Help Me Lose weight!

M o A

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before you flame ive read the faq.

Okay heres the deal:
5"7, trying to lose 10lbs - Ive been at this gym for 2 months now, first month was okay and i lost about 8lbs, but for some reason my weight just wont budge from 75kg this previous month, itll go down to about 74 or a high 73, and then back to 75 once again.
I go to gym 4-5days a week on average, and im on the treadmill for about 60-90 minutes burning 800-1000 calories each go.
Ive been on a strict diet all this time, brown rice, fruits, oatmeal, chicken breast salad, etc. Its p* me off seeing that same number again and again.
BTW im not a lasy fat piece of S* i have colitis, and have had a flare up recently which entailed the above.
Posting a thread on this is my last resort, ive tried hydroxycut and have read books, search engines, and all these idiots contradict each other Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.

lift some weights, and you may have to further reduce your caloric intake.

and as for burning 800-1000 cal, that means you're running between 7.5-10 miles (dont believe the numbers that the treadmill give you, those can be up to 20% off on the actual number of calories you burn)

the more you run, the more efficiently your body learns to do so, which means the less calories it burns when doing so.

keep running, though i'd run less, and lift more. just my personal observations

if getting big and strong isn't your goal (just weight loss), here is what the most successful people (people who've lost 30 or more pounds and kept it off for 5 years i think) on the national weight control registry do on average
1. weigh themselves everyday
2. 40 min moderate activity 5 times a week
3. on top of that, 30 min vigorous activity 3 times a week
4. 2 days a week, weight training

plus their diets are very good. (im not listing the diets, as these stats are all off the top of my head)

this routine however, isn't conducive to getting big and strong, but its a good one for fatty's just looking to lose weight, without worry of muscle tone. however, they do still lift weights, and everyone will tell you its an important part of their routine. remember also that once you lose the weight, you basically have to keep the same amount of calorie intake and exercise to maintain it. go back to your old habits, and you will gain the weight back.

but if your diet isn't correct, exercise isn't gonna stave off weight gain for long. you can't outrace a shitty diet with exercise. (unless you are planning some sorta bulk then cut routine, which is totally different)

the reason all those idiots contradict each other is cause diet/ exercise is dynamic and there is no one 'correct' way to do so, besides trying to get your body to expend more energy than it consumes.

everyone is different, and responds to diet exercise differently, no one routine seems to work for everybody except rippletoe's 5x5 (this seems to be the general consensus). however that isn't really a weight loss routine as more of a routine to get big and strong.

Appreciated Smash, so one things for sure, i need to burn more calories than im consuming yes? A lot of websites here and there state i should eat more.

Why are you trying to lose "weight"? How strong are you?

Are you following the seven habits? Give us an example of your daily intake and workout. Just listing foods in a vacuum doesn't give us enough information.

Why are you trying to lose "weight"? How strong are you?

Not weight, just fat, i want to be lean. I used to weigh like 70 kg and cant get myself back down to that weight! Hopefully Smashs' advice will help. I dont want to stay scrawny, as soon as i get down to that weight, ill start weight training.

Have you considered the option of increasing muscle mass and strength, thereby decreasing your bodyfat percentage and getting stronger and bigger at the same time? I would save you the task of losing weight to gain weight. I think you're not going to listen to what I say, so maybe you can check out a bodybuilding forum.

Yeah don't just focus on the numbers, if you want to lose BF% don't try and get down to 70kg, you could just cut water and get down to 70kg. If you could stay 75kg and get stronger and leaner why not just do that? Or is 70kg a weight you are trying to make for a fight?

Have you considered the option of increasing muscle mass and strength, thereby decreasing your bodyfat percentage and getting stronger and bigger at the same time? I would save you the task of losing weight to gain weight. I think you're not going to listen to what I say, so maybe you can check out a bodybuilding forum.

No, no, what you say concurs with Smash, i agree with you. I will make an initiative very soon, i just came back from the gym. I will give you guys an update in like a month or so.

Yeah don't just focus on the numbers, if you want to lose BF% don't try and get down to 70kg, you could just cut water and get down to 70kg. If you could stay 75kg and get stronger and leaner why not just do that? Or is 70kg a weight you are trying to make for a fight?

No its not a fight. But what youre saying is absolutely true, i should focus on bfp, and get stronger and leaner, thing is im only 5"7 so theres a limit imo to what i should do muscle wise without looking too big.

Well im the same height as you and 161lb and quite muscular and pretty lean and i dont look that big, the weights will prob change your body shape aswell which is good.

Well im the same height as you and 161lb and quite muscular and pretty lean and i dont look that big, the weights will prob change your body shape aswell which is good.

I used to be just like you, but ive got this damn illness and ive been inactive for quite a while now, it sucks.

Its very very hard to get bulky for the majority of people in the world.

Like everyone else said, increasing Muscle mass will help you lose a lot of weight and you'll look leaner just because you're stronger.

I'd also advise you to eat about 6 times a day including a lot of veggies and no empty calories/carbs like instant white rice or sugar.

Back