Help me get into shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallifan3091

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hi everybody. First of all, I apologize if there's a big stickied thread that this should go into instead of posting my own. I looked, but I didn't really see anything that fit what I'm going to ask.

I'm interested in getting into good shape (by good, I mean fighting shape). I've never really had an interest in this kind of thing before, so it's all very new to me. I'm more interested in building tone and fast twitch response than bulk, because, as I understand it, strength and endurance will come more naturally this way than they will if I'm trying to build bulk.

What kind of workout routine would be best for me to get into excellent physical condition? I'm not in terrible shape now, but I feel that I'm just generally too soft and I lack endurance. I'm about 5' 8" and right around 145 lbs. Also, I'm 19 years old, in case that matters for any reason.

I have access to a full university gym and pool, as well as good areas to run with varied terrain. Thanks in advance for your help.

Read the conditioning, strength, and diet faqs. Pm me once you have done so and I will consider reopening this thread if need be. you've asked a VERY broad question here and demonstrated you have done little to no research before asking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back