Help me decide: Renzo Academy Vs. Marcelo Academy

I don't think we need to start that . . . FWIW, Renzo himself does not teach classes on a daily basis. At least this is the true at the main academy.

Instructors might change depending upon the time. John Danaher does mornings and afternoons, and the class I usually take (6pm), the main instructors are Igor Gracie, Gregor Gracie, Magno Gama and Rafael Natal.

no no i'm not dissing marcelo at all. But to say "marcelo no question" just because he is a great competitor is flawed logic imho. If they were talking about say leo vieriera or Terere i understand because they produced champions. Now, i am not saying that marcelo is not a good coach neither am i saying that he won't have students win championships.

how much does marcelo teach the basic classes with paul and Hen there?

renzo costs a bit more, has MT, Judo, mma and i think wrestling. the are huge. if you are a blue or higher you could train with danaher
also, if you want to fight, then renzo has better connections to get you a fight
it is right by penn station

marcelo has marcelo, and as far as i know they teach only bjj

if you are gonna do mma i would def say renzo

if only bjj, you really have to decide if you like marcelo or danaher (or whoever if you cannot make danaher class)

i think you will have great training partners either way

also, renzo has more classes. and now they just got a ton more space so who knows what classes will be added to use this space

Shaolin teaches on 8th ave between 47th and 48th street. He is a great teacher, and there are a lot of different types of people there- hobbyists, fitness buffs, serious competitors, and mma fighters. Marcos "Loro" Galvao is the assistant instructor, also a phenomenal Nova Uniao black belt who has done very well in Grappler's Quest and is on a three fight winning streak in MMA and is in talks with Bellator.

Shaolin's credentials speak for themselves (both in bjj and mma) but he is also a very good teacher, which is not something every black belt champ can claim. He's also just added mma classes and his boxing coach is back in the city so there will be a boxing class a few times a week starting soon.

Unlimited classes for bjj are 190/month, and classes are held morning, noon, and evening. Come by for a free trial class anytime.

Can someone please tell me how crazy the morning showers get at Renzo after the 7:30-8:30AM classes..........?

Please anyone who trains in the mornings...

Thanks!!

how much does marcelo teach the basic classes with paul and Hen there?

renzo costs a bit more, has MT, Judo, mma and i think wrestling. the are huge. if you are a blue or higher you could train with danaher
also, if you want to fight, then renzo has better connections to get you a fight
it is right by penn station

marcelo has marcelo, and as far as i know they teach only bjj

if you are gonna do mma i would def say renzo

if only bjj, you really have to decide if you like marcelo or danaher (or whoever if you cannot make danaher class)

i think you will have great training partners either way

also, renzo has more classes. and now they just got a ton more space so who knows what classes will be added to use this space

I think Marcelo teaches most of the classes period. Paul and Hen. teach day classes sometimes.

Paul is an amazing instructor and a very good competitor. Marcelo also has big names in BJJ in all the time. Hell, even Shields was there the last couple of weeks.

either one you go to i would imagine you'll get some beyond grande-A level instruction

Back