Help me decide my next car

Nah.

Renting you just give money away, mortgage the money is invested. You can always rent out the property via a letting agency if you move for work. That way you have an accruing investment in your back pocket.

wait.. you sound like my brother wanting a new car before getting a home.. seriously.. get a home first... get a doctor's loan or a professional home mortgage.... you can put down as little as you want to buy a house...

1st house i bought with less 2% down.. i refi the 2 years later and locked in a 2.75% and 10 year fixed... house will be paid off with renters in a few years..

2nd home i bought was with 10% down.. i refi a year later since the price of the home was up more than 10%.. got a 30 year fixed mortgage @ 3.5%

<{monica}>

Also it's worth considering that the larger part of why we buy cars is what people think about you as a result.

The kind of people that are impressed by a nice car are the last people you want in your life.

This is lower than your budget but I just bought a Mazda 3. Talked to tons of owners. They all love their car.
We love our Mazda 3. Very zippy and cheap on gas. Reliable. Mazdas are known to rust but Ive had no issues for the 5 years ive owned mine. Make sure u check the VIN to ensure the mazda is made in Japan and not in Mexico.

OuWxL.jpg

...and tens of thousands of dollars excess each year to throw into a tax deferred account to compound for decades.
Lots of people think ownership is the way to go. Not so much here lately as prices have gone down and many ppl i know have sold their homes for what they paid 10 years ago if theyre lucky. If they had rented and thrown the difference into savings they’d have a lot more money right now.

Lots of people think ownership is the way to go. Not so much here lately as prices have gone down and many ppl i know have sold their homes for what they paid 10 years ago if theyre lucky. If they had rented and thrown the difference into savings they’d have a lot more money right now.

That’s very situational to the region you are in, and not factual in most areas.

Prices in my area did not skyrocket like some areas but rose slightly, continually the entire time and did not crash after the bubble.

My home has grown in value 40k since purchase 10 years ago, but never skyrocketed and never fell either.

And I’ve made small additional payments direct to principle each month, it will be payed off in 3 or so years now. I got a 30 but will pay it off in 15 or so.

You do need to be there long enough to get it down like I mentioned earlier. In your graph though as far as over the 30 year span you know what the real difference is?

When you have rented for 30 years all you have is your dick in your hand and a pile of thrown away money.

When you buy you have that 2m house as an asset you can sell or rent out and make money on.

And you can move out BEFORE it’s payed off, rent it out and let someone else PAY IT OFF that did a rent vs buy calculator decision.

Different strategies are out there depending on how long you plan to stay in an area. Less than 3 years, just rent , 5 is getting close either way on the decision and over 5 buy.

But you want to take your bonus and blow it on a car you don’t need go ahead. I’ve done plenty things Dave Ramsey would say not too, like buy boats before my house is payed off etc. but I bought them cash for less than I can sell them for if need be and my truck is payed for.

I could go buy a new z71, but mines still very nice and runs perfect so...

FYI
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lubaolong

Wait, how were you able to get 2 mortgages? You must live somewhere like Oakland or Emeryville.

1st house Texas was dirt cheap.. 2nd house is in WA... my wife is also a physician

Also it's worth considering that the larger part of why we buy cars is what people think about you as a result.

The kind of people that are impressed by a nice car are the last people you want in your life.
I'm not looking to buy an impressive car. I'm talking about buying a Civic.

That’s very situational to the region you are in, and not factual in most areas.

Prices in my area did not skyrocket like some areas but rose slightly, continually the entire time and did not crash after the bubble.

My home has grown in value 40k since purchase 10 years ago, but never skyrocketed and never fell either.

And I’ve made small additional payments direct to principle each month, it will be payed off in 3 or so years now. I got a 30 but will pay it off in 15 or so.
I would imagine buying a house is always situational to the area you are in. My point was, owning a home isn’t always the better option to renting. In my area, renting makes more sense for the time being. In 2004 owning was a no brainer and people made lots of money.

Trying to spend 35-40 on a civic is asinine

I said $35k max on a new car. Barebones new Civic is around $20k. Fully loaded touring model maybe $33k or something. Civics are rated as top (or the top) economy cars year after year. You’re retarded.

I would imagine buying a house is always situational to the area you are in. My point was, owning a home isn’t always the better option to renting. In my area, renting makes more sense for the time being. In 2004 owning was a no brainer and people made lots of money.

Where I live, home prices have risen very high, while rent prices have remained more stagnant.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I'm thinking about waiting next year to get a Honda Accord sport. Can anyone give me any heads up on these and if they're a good buy?

Trying to spend 35-40 on a civic is asinine
I don’t think ts is talking about getting Si or a type R. Regular civics range from 20k to 30k
depending on the trims and options.

I said $35k max on a new car. Barebones new Civic is around $20k. Fully loaded touring model maybe $33k or something. Civics are rated as top (or the top) economy cars year after year. You’re retarded.
i too am looking at new cars. I’m leaning towards Mazda 3 hatchback myself. Right now the Mazda 3 is the front runner.FulIy loaded ranges from 25 to 30k. I like the way it felt more than civic touring personally. Slightly not as good mpg though. I’ve still got a few more brands and models to test drive as well as research to do.

Last edited:
Get something you can afford with cash that is reliable and sensible. That’s what Dave Ramsey would say. Don’t be an idiot.

Dude is going to drop $35k in cash. Luba's a psychiatrist, I believe.

I don’t think ts is talking about getting Si or a type R. Regular civics range from 20k to 30k
depending on the trims and options.

i too am looking at new cars. I’m leaning towards Mazda 3 hatchback myself. Right now the Mazda 3 is the front runner.FulIy loaded ranges from 25 to 30k. I like the way it felt more than civic touring personally. Slightly not as good mpg though. I’ve still got a few more brands and models to test drive as well as research to do.
New for 2018 Toyota Corolla Hatchback has the new CVT transmission for better acceleration from stop. Doesn't seem to give as much cargo space as regular Corolla or RAV4.

Back