Help me decide my next car

I assumed better car = better quality pussy attraction ability.
Owning your own home Is much better than a newer civic for that.

But he said family friendly so I’d assume he has a woman and kids.

fMYmFt7.png

35k cash for a car when you don’t have a house yet? FUCK that.

Houses are overrated, especially when you're not ready to settle down yet. I don't need to buy a house everywhere I go. Once I decided on a location and have the job I want to keep, then I'll buy.

what’s wrong with your current car and do you need a new one or WANT a new one.

With no house yet you better damn well NEED a new car, not just want one

What's the deal with Americans and the absolute need for home ownership?

My old care is fine but has high mileage and not a lot of features. It's time for an upgrade.

That Civic is a nice car but I’d opt for the sedan.

What's the deal with Americans and the absolute need for home ownership?

My old care is fine but has high mileage and not a lot of features. It's time for an upgrade.

Renting is throwing money down the toilet, with home ownership you are building equity, and if you are in it long enough and decide to move to a new house rent it out and make money off it.

When I buy my next house I’m not selling the one I’m currently in, I’ll rent it out and let it make money for me.

I would like to do this two to three more times and have 2-3 houses on rent making money for me. And then start buying properties specifically for rental purposes

Renting is throwing money down the toilet, with home ownership you are building equity, and if you are in it long enough and decide to move to a new house rent it out and make money off it.

Building equity maybe after the first several years of paying your mortgage. Don't forget to minus the additional costs you’ll be paying on your house for the rest of your life (repairs, renovations, insurance, taxes).

You have to consider the price-to-rent ratio where you're living, how long you'll be there, how much these above costs will be, rate that rent will increase, where you can invest and how much returns you can get on money that you're not spending on a mortgage, etc. For example, it's cheaper to in the Bay Area where I'm living to rent a home than it is to buy it. Go to a rent vs buy calculator and plug in the average home price vs home rental numbers for yourself.

2zi99ol.jpg

Get a 4Runner or Wrangler even if they're over your budget. Why? Because you get back most of it when you sell it. Insane resale value. Only the LandCruiser is better (but youre too poor to even sniff that).

Building equity maybe after the first several years of paying your mortgage. Don't forget to minus the additional costs you’ll be paying on your house for the rest of your life (repairs, renovations, insurance, taxes).

You have to consider the price-to-rent ratio where you're living, how long you'll be there, how much these above costs will be, rate that rent will increase, where you can invest and how much returns you can get on money that you're not spending on a mortgage, etc. For example, it's cheaper to in the Bay Area where I'm living to rent a home than it is to buy it. Go to a rent vs buy calculator and plug in the average home price vs home rental numbers for yourself.

2zi99ol.jpg

You do need to be there long enough to get it down like I mentioned earlier. In your graph though as far as over the 30 year span you know what the real difference is?

When you have rented for 30 years all you have is your dick in your hand and a pile of thrown away money.

When you buy you have that 2m house as an asset you can sell or rent out and make money on.

And you can move out BEFORE it’s payed off, rent it out and let someone else PAY IT OFF that did a rent vs buy calculator decision.

Different strategies are out there depending on how long you plan to stay in an area. Less than 3 years, just rent , 5 is getting close either way on the decision and over 5 buy.

But you want to take your bonus and blow it on a car you don’t need go ahead. I’ve done plenty things Dave Ramsey would say not too, like buy boats before my house is payed off etc. but I bought them cash for less than I can sell them for if need be and my truck is payed for.

I could go buy a new z71, but mines still very nice and runs perfect so...

You thought about a truck? Check out Tacomas. I can even remember how I got by before I had a truck.

Never buy new. Car loses money driving out the yard.

Houses are overrated, especially when you're not ready to settle down yet. I don't need to buy a house everywhere I go. Once I decided on a location and have the job I want to keep, then I'll buy.

Nah.

Renting you just give money away, mortgage the money is invested. You can always rent out the property via a letting agency if you move for work. That way you have an accruing investment in your back pocket.

wait.. you sound like my brother wanting a new car before getting a home.. seriously.. get a home first... get a doctor's loan or a professional home mortgage.... you can put down as little as you want to buy a house...

1st house i bought with less 2% down.. i refi the 2 years later and locked in a 2.75% and 10 year fixed... house will be paid off with renters in a few years..

2nd home i bought was with 10% down.. i refi a year later since the price of the home was up more than 10%.. got a 30 year fixed mortgage @ 3.5%

When you have rented for 30 years all you have is your dick in your hand and a pile of thrown away money.

...and tens of thousands of dollars excess each year to throw into a tax deferred account to compound for decades.

wait.. you sound like my brother wanting a new car before getting a home.. seriously.. get a home first... get a doctor's loan or a professional home mortgage.... you can put down as little as you want to buy a house...

Last time I checked, I thought a VA loan might be the best option. I have money now for a down payment but want to rent a year first to see how everyone settles in here before considering buying.

1st house i bought with less 2% down.. i refi the 2 years later and locked in a 2.75% and 10 year fixed... house will be paid off with renters in a few years..

2nd home i bought was with 10% down.. i refi a year later since the price of the home was up more than 10%.. got a 30 year fixed mortgage @ 3.5%

Wait, how were you able to get 2 mortgages? You must live somewhere like Oakland or Emeryville.

Back