Help me cut 14 pounds in a day!

Nickuraba

Ground St. Pound
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm fucked. I accepted a fight on 2 weeks notice when I had to lose 22 pounds. Well I went from 187 to 179 now, but my first MMA fight is Saturday and I need to weigh in at 165 tomorrow at 6pm. The fight isn't until saturday, so I'll have time to recover, but still....its not gonna be easy. Here's my plan.....

Go home tonight, put my sauan suit on and jog the treadmill for a little bit before I go to sleep. Go to the gym tomorrow and grease up in albolene and sweat it out for a while....Hopefully this'll get me close to where I need to be. For the rest, out comes the sauna suit to help me get those other 5-6 pounds off. Leave straight from the gym, weigh in and pack it all back on that night.

Do I have the right idea here? Any advice would be appreciated.

thats a lot of weight to lose, you've pretty much got the right idea but you really have'nt got all that much time to lose so much weight .

Good luck man.

As shitty as a way that is to do it, it's about your only option with this amount of time. I know it's going to suck, but you have to do it. Good luck.

A gallon of water (not exactly sweat, but close enough) weighs about 8 pounds....good luck sweating it all off. My suggestion is don't eat or drink shit until after the weigh in.

Yeah, definitely going to suck but it's do-able with the plan you mentioned.

When starting to hydrate yourself again, make sure you take frequent and small sips of water, don't just chug it back! Good luck, tell us how it went.

Do the nr 2 as many times as possible!
Don't eat and drink until the weigh in and train hard!
It will be fine!

Nickuraba said:
Ok guys, I'm fucked. I accepted a fight on 2 weeks notice when I had to lose 22 pounds. Well I went from 187 to 179 now, but my first MMA fight is Saturday and I need to weigh in at 165 tomorrow at 6pm. The fight isn't until saturday, so I'll have time to recover, but still....its not gonna be easy. Here's my plan.....

Go home tonight, put my sauan suit on and jog the treadmill for a little bit before I go to sleep. Go to the gym tomorrow and grease up in albolene and sweat it out for a while....Hopefully this'll get me close to where I need to be. For the rest, out comes the sauna suit to help me get those other 5-6 pounds off. Leave straight from the gym, weigh in and pack it all back on that night.

Do I have the right idea here? Any advice would be appreciated.

Yep. And get a pack of strong gum and a cup and spit away till that cup is full and do it again.:) They say a pound an hour. Clip your nails, shave your body, scale your teeth, and oh, yeah, empty your testicles. God I miss cutting weight.

Actually, you are prolly about to weigh in. Post how you do.

i cut from 180 to 166 in like...3 days or so...

i didn't have to get in a sauna either...

i wore the suit and hit the road jack...

and was eating close to nothing...

the results: a severe loss of strength and cardio...

Well guys..........I did it. Honestly, I can't say it was THAT hard either. I got up this morning at 8:30 and did a few rounds in the sauna and then came home for a bit. I was gonna cut get my hair cut at this time, but my g/f pointed out my face looks fatter when its short....so I axed that idea :) Damn, I love that bitch. Back to the story though, So I head back to the gym at 12:30 and Do a few more rounds in the sauna....do 2 miles on the treadmill(while being greased with albolene and a sauna suit on) and then went back in for 2 more rounds. Now when I say rounds, I'm a real pussy so these are only like 10 minutes or so. Ok, so I weigh in at 168 and I'm bascially running out of time here...so I drive home 3 pounds over. Well, on the way home I get this great idea......Why don't I just hit the heat full blast since I still have my sauna suit on? Guys, thats the fucking way to do it! I got home nearly 2 pounds lighter. So on on the way to the weigh in( 45 minute drive), I spit in a cup as much as possible and then I'm lucky enough to be able to take a nice piss when I get there. Ok, so the time has come. I strip down to my tommy underwear(lightest pair of underwear I have) and even though I didn't pull the tommy drawers look off quite as nice as Mark Walhberg did........I weighed in a 166 even. And...since they give you a pound, I did it! Man, the hard part is over and now I'm gonna crush this kid tomorrow. Thanks to everybody for their advice.

Oh, and the truth is, I didn't feel bad at all. I was a little hungry, but nothing serious. After doing this myself, and believe me I'm not a superior athlete by any means, I don't see what the fuss is all about when guys cut 15 pounds. I did 14 today and I'm not even getting paid for this :)

To tell the truth, I've never been in a sauna. When I had to make weight for a tournament, I've always started my weight loss at least three weeks beforehand. If I needed to cut an excess 3 pounds or so I would not eat, drink little, run, and exercise like mad. I've felt that using a sauna is like cheating. So what is is like in a sauna?

Frodo said:
To tell the truth, I've never been in a sauna. When I had to make weight for a tournament, I've always started my weight loss at least three weeks beforehand. If I needed to cut an excess 3 pounds or so I would not eat, drink little, run, and exercise like mad. I've felt that using a sauna is like cheating. So what is is like in a sauna?

To go ahead and answer you question of "whats it like in a sauna?"...For me personally, its hell. I don't like sitting in 180 degrees, period. But, its the fastest way to ge thte pounds off. In my situation, 3 months ago I weighed 195 pounds. I was contacted for a fight approximately 7 weeks ago and the fight was scheduled for 170. Well, my opponent backed out and the next guy they offered me agreed to fight me as long as I weighed in at 165 as he was coming up from 158. So, I took this deal on 3 weeks notice, but weighed 186 pounds. So, figured 21 pounds in 3 weeks. To do that by strictly dieting, is nearly impossible. So I lost about 7-8 pounds and had to drop roughly 13-14 today just long enough to weigh in. As to why guys would do that, simple: You want to come in to a fight as heavy as possible. You have to figure this other guy is doing the same thing, so you don't want to let a guy have 10 or even 15 pound weight advantage on you. By fight time, I hope to be back up to 175-177. If thats cheating, consider 99% of MMA fighters Guilty.

I love the sauna...not even for cutting weight but becuase it's so nice in there. All quiet, warm, and nobody ever talks if there is somebody else in there.

I'm with LCD... I adore the sauna. It's one of the rare moments in my hectic life that I have any peace and quiet.

Cutting weight has always been a breeze for me, but I've never really had to lose such a proportionally large amount. It sounds gross, but a rectal lavage isn't such a bad idea when dueling with that last pound or two (a common trick in Japan, since every other home has a bidet).

Its goign to be weird fighting with 20 lbs less.

You dont realize the advantage you have weighing what you did.. its going to change your game.. good luck man and good job losing the weight so fast.

Have a lot of sex with your lady. Don't have a lady? Smack Hadji 'till it blisters. :eek:

Well...don't keep us in suspense. How did your fight go?

CHawkins said:
Well...don't keep us in suspense. How did your fight go?

It was almost exactly how I wanted it to. First round starts and he tries a body kick, but I catch his leg and tkae him down....he actually sweeps me and I tie him up in my guard for about 30 seconds...He springs up and tries to land a big shot coming down but I push him off and now we're back to our feet. He comes at me again and catch him and do like a hip toss on him and get full mount immediately....I start raining down punches and i'm landing some big shots, but he was tough as hell. I thought for a second the ref was gonna stop the fight, but time expired on me. Honestly, I was a little gassed at this point.

Round 2: He comes out and fakes the left and lands a huge right that gave me a hell of a swolen eye, but I clinch and take him down. But, the ref says I was holding the rope and he stands us back up. We clinch again and he's trying to land some knees while I'm holding him around th waist, but couldn't quite reach me. Then he goes for my back, but as he's hopping around, I duck under and he rolls right over me....I immediately hop into full mount again and jump into an armbar. Took me a while to lock t right, but eventually he tapped in 1:17 in the 2nd round. The crowd was loving it and a lot of people were coming up to me afterwards telling me it was fight of the night. I loved it and can't wait to do it again. Everybody should do this at least once. There's nothing like it.

Back