Help me buy my first gi: Fuji VS Reevo

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Keej613, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Keej613 Guest

2. D Train Gold Belt

I can't speak to the Reevo, but I have that Fuji gi in white and I like it.

3. nykayfabe Green Belt

There's only like one Reevo review in the G&E and it's not that model. It's largely an unknown, so why not go with the sure thing in the Fuji?

4. AirCorps White Belt

They both are garbage, why between those two? lmao

5. GFG Green Belt

I seen a reevo guard the other day and it was pretty much just an old school Judo cut gi without the judo style skirt. nothing special but this is their entry level gi so i won't expect much.

if you're interested i'll be clearing out all our apeman bjj gis for $59 white and $69 for the apeman blue bjj gis. at the moment this offer is only for sherdogers so you'll have to email me if your interested.

reason for the clear out is we have very low left of this batch and our manufacturer cut some corners on our last order when we only wanted the re-stock a1 to a3 white apeman bjj gis

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  6. Keej613 Guest

Holy moly! I wish I would have known that sooner! I was just in Winnipeg!

I'm assuming that your email is on your profile (I'll go check in a sec) but, if it's not, please PM it to me because I might have to jump on a deal like that!

7. CodyD Green Belt

8. Keej613 Guest

I wasn't gonna bother but yeah. It's Sherdog after all . . . I was expecting more than just one of those. ;)

9. CodyD Green Belt

Haha, some times I just can't help my self.

10. jasoncyclops** Red Belt

WTF?
    Fuji is far away from garbage
    my Fuji is actually more durable than some of my highend gi

11. Nickynoneck Purple Belt

you should check out the new fuji lightweight gi I have owned 2 of teh single ones and my only complaint is they shrink really easily even if you hang dry i started havinga routine with my fuji gi where i take after hang drying all day and chuck it in the dryer for 5 mins to warm it up and then i take it out and stretch the different stress points and then it fits perfect .

the pants though are a different story i love they fit me perfect .

12. elemenohpee82 White Belt

I have a blue fuji. Its great! Although its a bit heavy, its great for the fall/winter. The pants shrunk a ton, and it no longer fits me. The top pretty much stay to its form, although I did shrink it a bit for my liking. I would def go with a Fuji. I havent heard of the other brand

13. cheesesteak Green Belt

I don't under understand all this talk about how FUJI's shrink so much. Mine shrunk a little bit in the sleeves after the first initial wash (cold wash/cold rinse, hung dried), but that was it. It has held up great and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

14. Keej613 Guest

Since Gorilla Fight Gear was able to offer me a great deal and beat both pices, and since I've had the pleasure of dealing with them in the past, I've opted to buy the Apeman gi.

[​IMG]

Blue Apeman Gold Weave BJJ Gis - 2009 Lightweight BJJ GIs

I've also grabbed a pair of Silverback MMA gloves from them at the same time.

[​IMG]

I'll post up some reviews once I've received them and trained in them a bit.

Since I'm new to jiu-jitsu, I'll post up the comments that the more experienced guys I train with have to say about my new gi.

15. Keej613 Guest

Canada Post says my package is supposed to arrive today! Maybe I'll have a surprise waiting for me after work!