Help me buy a gift

incredible-4g-lte.jpg

HTC Incredible 4G LTE

Ok a Sony Xperia Sola is now also an option, it costs the same as the Lumia. If you can help make the choice that would be fantastic.

In order of price (highest to low) it's

Galaxy Ace 2
Lumia 800/Xperia Sola
Xperia J
HTC One V
HTC Radar

Okay firstly:
Which carrier are you with? The fact that you're considering the Lumia leads me to believe you're considering SIM based phones or a new contract.

Have you considered the Nexus 4? It's about $300 unlocked and hands, feet and head is better than either of the devices you're considering.

The cons of the Xperia are that the keyboard is horrible, the charging port is flimsy, the camera sucks and it's a bit laggy in stock interface.

The cons of the Lumia are Windows 8 Mobile which is very unpredictable in terms of life expectancy and application support. You just have no idea where Windows phone is going to go. It's competing with two very tough dogs.

HTC Devices are always somewhat ahead of the curve in terms of usability, features and build quality. My ex girlfriend has the One V and it looks very snappy.

My vote is either the One V or a Nexus 4.

Quick update: The Galaxy ace 2 is no longer an option, every store has sold out completely.

Back