Help me buy a gift

fatalis

Hang yourself with a belt
@red
Reaction score
Ok so i'm looking to buy a phone as a gift and as it is the Christmas season there are a lot of discounts out there. Two phones I have seen that would be ideal for me to buy as a gift as they are heavily discounted in local stores are the Sony Xperia J which runs on android and the Nokia Lumia 800 which runs on windows phone 7. I'm the first to admit that I am not the most tech savvy of shoppers so a little advice on which one of these I should get as a gift.

The Samsung Galaxy ace 2 is also within my price range on this gift but it is currently sold out, they're getting new stock on Monday though so if you think this is the better phone I can brave the hassle of the stores to buy one.

Thanks in advance everyone.

xperia-j-black-android-smartphone-620x440.png

VS

tumblr_mb2fjkKkue1rhjqreo1_500.jpg

VS

(possibly)

samsung_galaxy_ace_2_new_520x300x24_fill.jpg

looks wise, i would go with that sony.

if it's good enough for bond, then it's...yeah you get it.

I'm not too sharp on phones but I agree the sony looks the best. Do you know which is the best from a tech standpoint.

I should add that the Nokia is the cheapest while the Samsung is the most expensive

Wouldn't trust a windows phone. Go android based phones.

There is only one choice when it comes to cell phones.

first_cell_phone.jpg

Popular thread.

A htc radar on windows phone 7.5 is also an option, it's also by far the cheapest.

Sony looks good but the down side is the horrible camera(5mp). I like how it has the silver lining along the side. It also has the option of using a micro sd. It's interface is okay, def better than the Nokia. The charging port / sim port is better also.

The nokia has a windows interface and its uglyyyy. It doesn't have the option of a micro sd though. It has 16gb storage though so you wouldn't need one. The charging port has a flip open port and it looks easy to break off and where the sim port has a weird slot also. It updates itself live, so on the interface its updating texts, mail, whatever's on there when it needs to be updated on its interface. The camera isn't that great either but its 8 mp the best out of the bunch. It doesn't always show battery life, you have to drag it down sometimes.

The Samsung has the best interface. It has 4gb but you have the option for a micro sd. 5mp camera so its not so great. It also has a front face camera.

I know a lot about the HTC radar already cause one of my friends has it. I'll just say it looks really girly. Definitely don't like the interface. 5mp camera with front face also. It has the panorama option which is pretty cool though. It has 8gb storage and it also has a micro sd option.

Go with either the Samsung or HTC. Am I at the highest level yet ?

Have you looked into the Jitterbug phone? It's an underrated phone.

Ok a Sony Xperia Sola is now also an option, it costs the same as the Lumia. If you can help make the choice that would be fantastic.

In order of price (highest to low) it's

Galaxy Ace 2
Lumia 800/Xperia Sola
Xperia J
HTC One V
HTC Radar

Get the Samsung. You won't be disappointed.

Back