Help me BREATH, guys!

Good deal. This sounds like almost exactly what I had done. Sooooo worth it in the long run if you are looking to keep up with martial arts. Enjoy the 1st week after surgery lol, vicoden will be your best friend. BTW, I'm a year after the surgery now and i'm sparring 100% without any problems. Have been for 3-4 months.

How long did you wait before getting into lighter sparring, Wes?

The doc told me that I'd be out for the count for at least one week, and that I couldn't do sports for at least 3 weeks after that.

But I didn't tell him that I did martial arts so I'm wondering if his recommendations will change.

I'm working mostly on Jiu-Jitsu these days but we still do standup sparring. I just wouldn't want to get my face mashed into an awkward submission too soon, knaamean?

How long did you wait before getting into lighter sparring, Wes?

The doc told me that I'd be out for the count for at least one week, and that I couldn't do sports for at least 3 weeks after that.

But I didn't tell him that I did martial arts so I'm wondering if his recommendations will change.

I'm working mostly on Jiu-Jitsu these days but we still do standup sparring. I just wouldn't want to get my face mashed into an awkward submission too soon, knaamean?

I wouldn't do any actually rolling for probably 2-3 months. After that 3 week mark, you should feel ok to go do drills and work technique, but you really dont want to put any pressure on that nose for a while.

I wouldn't do any actually rolling for probably 2-3 months. After that 3 week mark, you should feel ok to go do drills and work technique, but you really dont want to put any pressure on that nose for a while.

Yeah . . . my school shuts down for the summer so I might just wait till then to get it done. That way I can recover without fear!

Yeah . . . my school shuts down for the summer so I might just wait till then to get it done. That way I can recover without fear!

very solid plan. a whole summer to recover would be good.

very solid plan. a whole summer to recover would be good.

Yeah . . . I'm thinking end of June-ish. That way, I'll have all of July and August to recover.

I'll be traveling in June, too, so I wouldn't want to do it in May in case I needed maintenance while abroad, knaamean?

Thanks for the help, guys!

Back