help i hurt my leg and have a nogi comp sunday

tapouttazz9

White Belt
Reaction score
Hurt my leg rolling In class tonight. I ended up tweaking it twice and it was not that bad leaving. But I just woke up now and I feel tremendous pain right under my left knee. I can walk but its very painful to put pressure on it. Does any one no any thing I can do I got a nogi compition Sunday morning !!!!!!!

Knee injuries sometimes don`t come for a few hours or a day or two

Check if your knee starts to swell. If it does, its not a good sign.

RICE: rest ice compression elevation

Too close to comp day, i wouldnt risk it.

ive blown an ACL, and it didnt swell badly, but it did hurt to walk on.

Get it checked out bud :icon_sad:

dont compete. I have done this and competed and ended up needing surgery as a result of my decision to compete. Its not worth the 60 bucks or whatever to try. Just my opinion and experience.

RICE right away .... and see how you feel ... if you are not close to 100% do not compete ... not worth getting hurt worse. Save the money, get healthy, train and get ready for the next one.

See a doctor and don't compete, imo. It's not worth the risk.

kind of a no brainer.

only u can gauge your pain level, so if its really bothering you, don't compete. Heal up and live to roll another day

It's only your leg dude. Get some rest and compete even if it still hurts. I could understand if it was your groin muscle or a disc in your back then you should def take time off....Once that adrenaline hits you, you'll forget the pain.

I wouldn't really risk it... I've competed while injured and it didn't do me any favors. Of course, I wasn't messing with something as serious as a possibly busted knee. Wait and see if you're in good enough condition, although I personally wouldn't do it.

While I am new to BJJ, I am not new to knee injuries. I would not compete if I were you. You could seriously hurt your knee and do irrepairable damage. Is the pain under your knee as in between your knee and shin or is it under as in the back of your knee. If there is pain in the back of your knee, you have a problem and should have it looked at.

You should consult the internet with a vague explaination of your symptoms and listen to advice from a bunch of keyboard warriors who are not qualified or do not have enough information about your situation.

Ask a doctor or at least give very detailed information about your injury.

Don't compete if it's hurting that bad. It's just one competition. You sort of need your knees.

Back