Help finding a good ab workout to build a solid core

I would suggest getting your squat up into the 400lb range, and your clean into the 250-300lb range. IMO, that would be the best thing you could do for your core.

Quoted in case the TS missed it. And the authority of who posted it.

I have an exercise that works great but you have to wait until the girlfriend leaves because it looks so god awful. Fill a 1L bottle halfway with water, hold it horizontally with your hands at each end, lock your elbows to your torso, and shake the bottle side to side for 1 minute at full intensity.
PLease post a video. I am not sure I quite get the concept.

As you've heard, you need to do starting strength. You may think you have a strong back, but wait until you start trying deadlifts.

You never need to waste you times on curls again. Deadlift, squat, OHP, and bench should be your life.

Start keeping a log every time you lift. Work on those major lifts. Come bakc and tell us the results.

As you've heard, you need to do starting strength. You may think you have a strong back, but wait until you start trying deadlifts.

You never need to waste you times on curls again. Deadlift, squat, OHP, and bench should be your life.

Start keeping a log every time you lift. Work on those major lifts. Come bakc and tell us the results.

Well I didn't get too burnt from the flames I received once I started this thread but I did start doing deadlifts and those kill my back after I am done. I definitely don't look forward to doing them. Gonna try some OHP tomorrow though and see how those work out. Also should I be doing deadlift, OHP, and squats on the same day or do they need spaced out?

Well I didn't get too burnt from the flames I received once I started this thread but I did start doing deadlifts and those kill my back after I am done. I definitely don't look forward to doing them. Gonna try some OHP tomorrow though and see how those work out. Also should I be doing deadlift, OHP, and squats on the same day or do they need spaced out?

Buy Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training. Read it. Then do the novice program in the book.

It could be that you aren't deadlifting correctly.

Here are some deadlifting video resources:

YouTube - How to Deadlift the Proper Way - Without Wrecking Your Back

That is from Jim Smith

YouTube - Mark Rippetoe: Deadlift Set-Up

That is Mark Rippetoe

Correct deadlifting can be fantastic for you :-].

Also: You may want to front squat at first. You could also try Goblet squats. Both are great for technique.

Technique is your guide. Have great technique.

Back