Help deciding on some shorts

everyone will think i'm crazy and i'll prolly get flamed, but my favorites are the tapout board shorts. they're kind long and don't have a slit on the sides, but the 2-way stretch matrail they're made out of makes it worth it.

I currently own a pair of Tapouts and think they are some really solid chill shorts, but in terms of kicking suck nuts. That is really what I am looking for the Nogi's look kinda solid but are they a little too long to get full range of motion out of kicks? That is really what I am looking for I'm not uncomfortable on the ground but am certainly a striker and a thai one at that so being able to kick with full range of motion is incredibly important. Design wise I could give a flying fuck about as long as they are practical. So knowing that what would you recommend for me?

EDIT* I just took a look at those brazilian fightwear shorts and while they look solid I refuse to wear something that has .com on it unless they are paying me for advertisement. I don't mind people checking out the logos but I'm not going to pay someone money so I can be a billboard for them.

Vector the tapout board shorts are a completely different material than the long shorts, they're a strech material which gives ain infintely larger range of motion. I f you have a champs sports close to your home they carry tapout now, go check out some of the board shorts

Vector the tapout board shorts are a completely different material than the long shorts, they're a strech material which gives ain infintely larger range of motion. I f you have a champs sports close to your home they carry tapout now, go check out some of the board shorts

do you have a link to the ones you are talking about? I'm curious to see what the differences are that you are talking about. I'm honestly not sure if I have a champs by me or not to tell ya the truth. As far as clothing stores go I go to saks for suits/business casual and buckle for chill clothes and footlocker for running shoes. That pretty much sums up my entire wardrobe and shopping experience.

i like warriorwear but they cost a bit more than most other shorts

Question on the warrior wears can you easily throw a high kick without feeling any restriction? This is where I notice my tapouts kinda junk out on me and that is why I'm looking for something else. The price doesn't really matter so much as long as they are of good quality and get the job done.

On the weight Foz mine really doesn't fluctuate much a 32 will fit just about spot on I typically walk around at 178 or so and fight at 165.

I just picked up a pair of the Warrior's this weekend. I haven't go to train in them yet, but I threw them on at the house and moved around a bit and they seem great. I stretched, rolled around, threw some kicks, all is well so far. BTW, they are VERY comfortable! Cost is a little up there, but for a quality product, you can't go wrong really.

nogis.

period.

they are super cheap if you get them at the right time. Chris and the nogi boys often throw pre-release sales and holiday sales to lower the existing price (48+s/h). The new shorts look good and fit really well, plus they don't have the annoying fly problem that most do... with my sprawls and old nogis i can never get my fly to lay totally flat... always looks like ive got a boner. either way, you'll pay pretty much the same with sprawls, nogis, or hitman (another decent pair of shorts). Don't worry about having enough room in the nogis, even when you kick people in the head, you won't notice much, if any, "catch" on your knees or legs as you swing.

oh. and pay attention.
the nogi "bone" has the noswing hip pocket. the "grill" has a butt pocket.

I'm gonna vouch for Koral, i love their shorts, i have 4 pairs of them.

Yeah, those are the ones ninja and shogun wear. They seem to be made for ease in kicking.
Theyr also well designed.

The Koral shorts in action:

i.cfc

i.cfc

i.cfc

I like my sprawls the best, but my Truths are a close second.

Hitman gets my vote. The 4 way stretch material used in their Recon shorts is not only soft, but very durable and stain resistant to boot. Triple stitching, an innovative drawstring and closure system completes the package. check 'em out. www.hitmanfightgear.com

Back