Help! Banned! Why?

Hang Loose 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello Moderators,

My account "Hang Loose" was banned for no apparent reason.:icon_conf Please re-activate the account or tell me why I was banned in the first place.

I think that I have been a positive contributor to the forum and would like to continue to do so.

Thank you.:icon_chee

looking into it

Oh... this got looked into alright

I just read through some of your posts, and you sure picked the wrong forum to flame and talk smack in man. Think thats' what did you in.

For the most part I only flame people who are fighter bashing so........

Plus, aren't there supposed to be "double yellows" or something prior to banning?:icon_conf

Waiting to hear back from some people

Well, I was bored and decided to take a look at Hang Loose's post history. Here it is:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/search.php?searchid=10141151

Seriously, I can't see ANYTHING in this post history that's 'ban worthy' or even 'dubbs worthy' really. Hang Loose, my friend, I think you could be the victim of some kind of adminstative error. I know the Mods/Admins here do their best, and it's not an easy job even at the best of times. Everybody's human, and nobody's perfect. So, sometimes, innocent mistakes are bound to be made. Anyway, I hope someone sorts it out for you as soon as they can.

Well, I was bored and decided to take a look at Hang Loose's post history. Here it is:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/search.php?searchid=10141151

Seriously, I can't see ANYTHING in this post history that's 'ban worthy' or even 'dubbs worthy' really. Hang Loose, my friend, I think you could be the victim of some kind of adminstative error. I know the Mods/Admins here do their best, and it's not an easy job even at the best of times. Everybody's human, and nobody's perfect. So, sometimes, innocent mistakes are bound to be made. Anyway, I hope someone sorts it out for you as soon as they can.

The ban worthy posts could have been deleted.

There really weren't any ban worthy posts guys!

One of the mods did look into this for me and apparently multiple usernames from my IP have been banned. Only thing is, I've only ever had the one account Hang Loose and now this one Hang Loose 2. I just don't get it! Very frustrating!

I do realize, that a 600-something post account is nothing to lose sleep over, but I am a man of principal and think that justice should be served! Quite frankly, it leads me to not want to frequent Sherdog any longer (I know you'll all really miss me!). It just really bothers the "fair is fair" part of my psyche that mods can go and arbitrarily ban users and not even have to give their reason for it. The user then has to beg for some assistance in getting to the truth and is then given a reason that is in my case false. For a 3 post white belt who is obviously trolling, well......then maybe they don't deserve an explanation, but a daily contributor to the boards who loves the sport should at least get an explanation. And, yes, I do realize that using Sherdog is a privilege and not a right.

Perhaps I am just letting it get under my skin too much. Oh well.:icon_chee

Your appeal was considered, reviewed and ultimately denied. You've been patient, good natured and mature while this has been deliberated on and I hope you will respect our ruling on this.

Back