Help a BJJ Black Belt Fight For His Life - 8/15/10 in Red Bank, NJ

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by jaysculls, Aug 1, 2010.

1. jaysculls

jaysculls Purple Belt

***If you are a BJJ Black Belt I know you may have already participated in a seminar for this cause however you can never help to much. You'll have brand new people at this seminar that couldn't make it to other. Please let me know if you can come and donate a 3 hours of your time and teach a few techniques. Gi or No-Gi. My academy is only 1.5 miles away from NJ Transit Red Bank train station so I can also pick you up from there if you need***

CHOKING OUT ONE OF LIFE’S GREATEST OPPONENT’S!​

Martial Artists Step Up to the Fight Against Cancer; Earning the Black Belt in Life

fightcancer.jpgMartial arts black belts share their knowledge and experiences to help another black belt, Andre Margutti begin a new fight against his greatest opponent ever. On Sunday August 15th at 1pm the Grapplers Guide Academy in Middletown, NJ will be hosting a special seminar with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioners from all over the tri-state area who will be attending and participating in a very special event to help another follow martial artist fight and beat his new battle with cancer.

“Life scheduled me another match against some rude opponent, but I’m ready! My mind is ready for this fight”, Margutti said.

Cancer is an enemy that many people face and the martial arts community is coming together as one to beat the enemy one person at a time. To be able to help one person keep living not only a life, but a life that they love is priceless.

There will be a $50 participation fee for the seminar to learn the most effective martial arts techniques and philosophies created. All proceeds will be donated to Andre Margutti’s cancer fund to assist him in supporting his medical costs and rehabilitation. Donations will also be accepted at the door from those who are interested in just watching the event.

“I discovered a new calling… Once I win this fight, I will help others fighting cancer. This is the start of that project. Please join me in this battle.”, Margutti stated. Andre Margutti is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt from Virginia. He has been studying martial’s arts for 11 years and has competed in professional Mixed Martial Arts competition.

You can learn more about Andre and is fight at Donate to Andre Margutti for the fight against cancer. For more information contact Jason Scully at 732-397-2048 and visit Central New Jersey (NJ) Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) MMA Kettlebells Monmouth County Welcome Message.

When: Sunday, August 15th 2010 at 1pm
    Where: The Grapplers Guide Academy
    Second Floor of Middletown Fire Company No.1 Station 8
    336 Hwy 35 South
    Red Bank, NJ 07701
    (Please also see directions on our site for more details)
    Donation: $50 (Additional donates are accepted)
    BJJ Black Belts in Attendance: 4+

Thank you for your support in this great cause!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. Bruce Calavera

Bruce Calavera Purple Belt

I've been to 2 of these seminars and they're top notch. Everyone who goes will leave with their game improved.

3. daruff123

daruff123 White Belt

Jason,

Was this on Aug 1st or is it on Aug 15th? It says the 15th in the article and the 1st at the bottom. This is also how it is on centraljerseybjj.com

4. jaysculls

jaysculls Purple Belt

Sorry bro...it was a typo it's August 15th.

5. jaysculls

jaysculls Purple Belt

Support!

6. jaysculls

jaysculls Purple Belt

Bringing back up for a good cause

7. jaysculls

jaysculls Purple Belt

So far we have BJJ Black Belts - Rick Macauley, Luis Pantoja, Jason Scully, and Steve Bowers teaching plus a few more waiting to confirm.

If you are a BJJ Black Belt and are in the NJ, NY, PA area it would be great if you can support as well.

8. snap-or-tap

snap-or-tap White Belt

Guys,
    This is a must attend! For $50 you get several BJJ black belts helping you improve your game. And the money goes to benefit Andre Margutti a BJJ black belt with cancer. It's things like this that bring the bjj community together, coming together to get each others back when the chips are down.

I will definitely be there, you guys should too!

Jason, Thanks again for hosting and teaching, you are awesome!

9. jaysculls

jaysculls Purple Belt

Where else for $50 can you learn from 4+ black belts, get different perspective, AND get a chance to train and roll with other people from ALL OVER THE AREA!

We plan on giving people the opportunity to actually train with others. That in itself is a benefit you shouldn't pass up!!!

AND YOU'RE HELPING SOMEONE FIGHT CANCER!

So please SHOW UP to this event!

See you tomorrow at 1pm.

If you need additional directions please let me know.

When: Sunday, August 15th 2010 at 1pm
    Where: The Grapplers Guide Academy
    Second Floor of Middletown Fire Company No.1 Station 8
    336 Hwy 35 South
    Red Bank, NJ 07701

(Please also see directions on our site for more details) (Directions | Central New Jersey (NJ) Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) MMA Kettlebells Monmouth County)
    Recommended Donation: $50
    BJJ Black Belts in Attendance: Jason Scully, Rick Macauley, Luis Pantoja, Steve Bowers and more!!