1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

HELP!!! 20 pounds in 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by korruptd, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korruptd Guest

how do i go about losing 15 pounds in 3 weeks. i'm fighting at 135 on the 26th and i weigh about 153ish maybe a little more. oh and this is my first time EVER cutting weight.

2. nexus8793 White Belt

3. noobloser Yellow Belt

4. Rowan11088 Purple Belt

Oh, boy. I don't know much about weight cutting, but I do know you should be really, really careful if this is your first time. You had better find someone you can talk to face to face to give you some advice, I wouldn't want to hear about someone dying of dehydration after getting internet weight cutting tips.

That said, a rough guideline would be that you absolutely have to weigh no more than 145 by a week from your fight, given that you're a smaller guy and you have no experience with this. If you can lose 4 lbs of fat for each of the next 2 weeks (no small task), then you MIGHT be able to make it. Again, BE CAREFUL.

5. theNuge Brown Belt

This is good advice.

There is a link to a weight-cutting thread in the FAQ you could consult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.