Hello Sherdog... who are your favourites?

Hello Xenon, nice to meet you, I hope you're having a lovely day.

Ok so my top favorite fighters of all time are:
GSP
Rich Franklin
Mirko Cro Cop
Dominick Cruz
Tony Ferguson

Weidman -killed spider
Mir - legend
McGregor - talented
Miocic - almost Croatian
Sonnen - made hours of entertainment
Wonderboy - hope

anderson+silva+forrest+griffin+knockout.gif
Funniest ko ever lol

Fedor Emelianenko
Mauricio Rua
Cain Velazquez
Ronaldo Souza
Mirko Filipovich
Wanderlei Silva

Rampage-always a fan, loved his Chuck destruction(s), funny & dangerous in his prime
Anderson-in his prime was simply the most aesthetically pleasing fighter I ever watched
Arlovski-first guy I followed & no matter how poorly he performs still rooting for the Pitbull
Wanderlei-pure fury and intensity
Jones-most adaptable fighter, hope he gets his shit squared away

no particular order

Vitor
Hunto
AA
Nick
BJ
Sakuraba
Igor

Hello TS

Welcome to Sherdog.

I apologize in advance for the inevitable harassment you'll face for making this post. We're not all assholes (not all the time, anyway).

5 favorite fighters:

1. Anderson Silva
2. GSP
3. Robbie Lawler
4. Dan Henderson
5. Kazushi Sakuraba

Well at least we don't have to tell you that you're adopted. Welcome to the piranha pool.

Welcome motherf@cker!

j/k

Pretty decent list there.

Cheers for the welcome guys. And for the warning, Black Angus haha.

What the hell...

GSP. Nothing more needs to be said.

MM, Joanna, Holly, and Stipe round out my current favourites.

Classy fighters with mad skills. But mostly it's just their respectful manner. I don't give a fuck how great you are inside the octagon. If you're not a straight up person outside the octagon. I just can't cheer for people like that.

Fair play on that list. I see what you mean about respectful, straight up fighters... showing oneself to be a decent human being does make the difference. The tradition of warriors and martial arts too... it matters. I can't say I don't enjoy some shit talking though haha. That Joanna from 115 is something else. Absolute beast and my favourite female fighter. Did you expect her to beat Claudia in the rematch? I did. Her takedown defence gets better every fight. GSP is the king of class. What a gentleman. And what a fighter. Outwrestling matt hughes was legendary to me.

Welcome.

My 5 favourite are:

Bisping: he got me into MMA and it's been a long 10 years to get to the top but he did it.

Conor: first and only world champion from my country.

Cro Cop: someone I modelled my training on back when I trained as I'm a southpaw who loves to kick and am left footed.

Shogun: absolutely amazing fighter and so nice and pleasant. Never speaks badly of anyone

Chuck: one of my early favourites. Bad ass warrior.

Thanks for your reply mate. I've always had a soft spot for Bisping being from Manchester myself. I didn't think he'd beat that deaf guy in the TUF but I should've known. He was better than everyone else on that show. I was so happy for him when he beat Rockhold. Watched it on stream the next morning. Buzzin. Mcgregor is amazing. Been fun to watch inside and outside the octagon. Seems like a good man whose willing to play the media and milk that machine for what it's worth. Fair play to him. Those fighters don't get paid enough for what they do.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll be happy to get in the on conversations about GOATS but I'm more concerned with favourites so keep them coming.

Conor McGregor - Conor Bless all of our bum lives. That is all.

Joanna Jędrzejczyk - Best female female to watch, great striking and such quick reactions.

Uriah Hall - Powerful Spinning Shit

John Lineker - Rock 'em, Sock 'em robots

Kazushi Sakuraba - Legend, beat Vitor in his athletic prime

I could go for days on my all time list. Currently fighting Barboza is my favorite. Always been a K-1 fan (Ernesto Hoost is my favorite there) and I have been dying for a fighter to come out with devastating leg kicks. Barboza always fulfills my wishes for that leg violence lol.

My favorite fighters of all time are

1. Wand
2. Shogun
3. Fedor
4. Nick Diaz
5. Jose Aldo

My favorite current ufc fighters are

1. Shogun
2. Nick Diaz
3. Jose Aldo
4. BJ Penn (if he's considered current)
5. Robbie Lawler

I'm also a huge fan of JDS

Hi forum, the name's Xenon and I've been lurking a little while - enjoying your disfunctional family - and now I want in.

We're hardly a family. More like a band of ruthless vagabonds, a group filled with unspeakably violent psychopaths who won't hesitate to cut each other's throat when opportunity presents itself.

Easy
Andy Wang X5

Paul Varelans, Scott Ferrozzo, Townsend Saunders, Fred Ettish and Greg Stott.

I have no idea who any of those are haha. Are you taking the piss or do I seriously need to get my knowledge up? : )

Good stuff, welcome TS. I started watching around the same time (the beginning of the end of the Tito Ortiz era).

Two fighters not mentioned I immediately approved of were Vitor Belfort (decorated fighter who was in some great fights) and Evan Tanner (first time I remember watching him fight was the Phil Baroni fight. Became a fan immediately).

<5>

My favorites today are Anderson Silva, Conor McGregor, Joanna Champion. Dominick Cruz. John Linekar. Fabricio Werdum.
We were brought up on the same diet bro! Haha. Nice list. Vitor was a killing machine. Going back and watching him when he first arrived too... Dayum. Scary good. Dominic cruz... not sure how I kissed this guy back in the day but I'm noticing him now. His footwork and manipulation of a fight is insane.
Diaz Bros, DC, Maia, GSP.

DC fair enough mate. I think he's an elite fighter but im surprise to see him in the thread. Just because of the reception he gets, being Bones' arch enemy and what-not but yeah, fantastic talent. One of the best in the game right now. There's something about fighters that can be successful in two different weight classes. Warrior shit. Damien Maia is a fuckin Boa constrictor man haha. He's beat many of my favourites which is annoying. Not to mention always submitted my character on the ps2 game. What an asshole haha. Fantastic fighter. Perhaps with most dangerous with submissions and bjj ever.

Back