Hell Wall Vs His own shadow....

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by hell wall, Sep 14, 2013.

1. hell wall

hell wall Blue Belt

http://youtu.be/5Ar7iK73YKA

dont know how to embed as i am never do that!!!
    please one of you masters do it??

me shadow boxing please enjoy my brothers!!

2. hell wall

hell wall Blue Belt

3. hell wall

hell wall Blue Belt

guess i just learned how to embed so have at it boys!!

4. DoctorTaco

DoctorTaco Breadhead

+1 for having your hood up.

I'm only going to critique the bad because I'm on a tablet and typing on this thing is arduous, I promise I'm not being an elitist or a dick.

You're flaring your elbows when you throw straight punches. Try turning over your punch a little later. It's hard to tell what your feet were doing when punching, but it looks like though your hips and shoulders were engaged you could pivot on the balls of your feet more.

Those slips looked a little bit like you were moving at the waste instead of the hips, but there are posters with more expertise on this than I am. Good angles and fast hands

5. hell wall

hell wall Blue Belt

thanks doc!! i wear sweat shirt to shadowbox to keep my muscles loose and warm...it gets hot as he ll in there!! and i will work on ur advice on my straights

6. a guy

a guy Black Belt

You're doing a lot of arm punching. So while it looks fast, it's really only because you aren't throwing anything with your weight behind it. You aren't getting any power from your connection with the ground through your hips. Your lower body just isn't involved in any of your attacks or defenses. You're also pretty heavy on the front foot and stuck there. Your stance has little built in defense and you don't transfer weight when attacking properly. Both of those things contribute to making you easier to hit. You also stay too tall as you punch, bend the knees a little to get a more stable base, more power and more natural defense. Your rear uppercuts are way too short and aren't gonna be hitting anyone who's head isn't almost on your chest. You're almost always squared up to the opponent, another thing that's gonna make you easier to hit. Be careful not to lose your posture as you punch and move your head. You hunched forward several times throughout the video and moved from the waist instead of the hips.

Your movement isn't bad though. You have some quick pivots to your left. And you didn't have much room to work so it's good to see you still pivoting in that small space. I also enjoyed listening to spongebob squarepants in the background :icon_chee

7. hell wall

hell wall Blue Belt

sponge bob is a standard training back ground for me!! and also thank u AGUY ,i will work on every thing you said and post another vid soon,i also will post vid of me on the slip bag

8. SummerStriker

SummerStriker Black Belt

Someone is light on his feet. :)

I think you should try to diversify your evasive steps. Picture reasons for stepping your circle around the other way.

9. apizur**

apizur** Aggressive Finesse.

You, IMO, demonstrate the most conceptually correct jab of all the user submitted shadowboxing I've seen so far.

You fight on one level, bend your knees sometimes. Also, when you throw the right and twist your hips, bend your knees. Also, when you're slipping and ducking, bend your knees.

0:58 Don't hop to your right when you throw the left hook. Find your balance on that particular combination.

2:04 That step>right hand move is nice. My friend from France taught me to stick a jab down the pipe as you step with your right foot to break up their combination. It doesn't compromise your balance and works nicely to just put a glove in their face.

10. hell wall

hell wall Blue Belt

thanks on the jab compliment,apizur ...and upon further viewing of my vid you are correct in the assesment of the my knee bending.... and where do you train bro(apizur)