Hell Hath No Fury Like an Anthony Smith Scorned: He's Still Mad at Rockhold

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ReadWrite, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you like listening to Smith?

1. Y

54.9%
  2. N

45.1%
  1. ReadWrite

ReadWrite Red Belt Platinum Member

“Everything I said was true, and everything that he said wasn’t,” Smith said. “You know, he said I was a bum and that (Alexander) Gustafsson was gonna walk through me, and he said that I don’t deserve to be in this division, and he just moved up because bums like me could get title shots. It ain’t that (expletive) easy.”

“I don’t understand why people look at me and think, ‘Well, if he can do it, I can do it,'” Smith said. “It’s not like that. It’s not that easy. Like, Rockhold wouldn’t make it five seconds fighting the way that I fight. He doesn’t have the ability to do what I do. He doesn’t have the defensive skills. He doesn’t have the footwork, and he doesn’t have the heart. I mean, once he couldn’t take Blachowicz down, he looked like a coward. Like, he was broken, and he was gassed after two-and-a-half minutes.”

“It’s not that easy,” Smith said. “And I know that all these 185ers come up and are looking at me, and they’re looking at Thiago Santos, and they’re saying, ‘Well, if they can do it, I can do it.’ No you (expletive) can’t. We just had a perfect example of it, of a former champion, a guy who ran through several people at 185, move up and get starched by a bum – by his (Rockhold’s) words, that Blachowicz was a bum several times, he’s a nobody.

"So, like, I just don’t. I don’t understand how he continues being so god damn cocky, because every time he’s like this, it doesn’t work out, and he gets embarrassed. So, I don’t understand it. It doesn’t make any sense.”

“Had he won, I would have loved to have gotten that fight and been the one to do that, but at this point, it will take Luke Rockhold two-and-a-half years to get to me,” Smith said. “He’s gonna have to start at the bottom and work his way up. And I know that’s probably not something he’s willing to do, because his ego won’t allow it. His ego won’t allow him to break down the things that he’s doing wrong.

“I keep saying his chin is shot, and maybe it’s not his chin. I don’t know, maybe it’s just his inability to have any defensive god damn skills. But I just, I hope that he heals up OK, obviously. I hope that he’s all right, but maybe it is time Luke Rockhold steps away.”

“Luke Rockhold still remains someone that I would love to slap the (expletive) out of,” Smith said. “He’s just not a good dude. We know some mutual people, and I’ve heard nothing but awful things about him, and I’ve heard nothing but awful things about me come out of his mouth.”

2. GordonMMARamsey

GordonMMARamsey Black Belt

Big fan of him, in and out of the cage.

3. momchamp

momchamp Orange Belt

smith acting like a good fighter after beating unmotivated flushed gus

4. CannotWin

CannotWin Brown Belt

He promised relentless bravery in the Octagon and fought Jon like a scared cat. Disappointing. Will never be a fan unless he redeems himself. Where I am concerned Lionheart is an ironic nickname.

Alanf7, Isthat-yo bop, Mahkor and 8 others like this.
  5. Chidori

Chidori White Belt

Prove it and risk your contender status by fighting him next. I dare you.

Alanf7, TITS, mb23100 and 4 others like this.
  6. fight_fiend

fight_fiend Green Belt

Wished he had a better showing against Jon but cant fault him much for that. Everything I've heard come out of Smith's mouth seems to be pretty down to earth and realistic. Seems to be a straight shooter. No bs just telling it how he sees it.

7. TheLinguist

TheLinguist Brown Belt

Holy fuck how many times does he need to use the word “like” in a sentence?

8. ReadWrite

ReadWrite Red Belt Platinum Member

I find him generally correct but generally whiny, too. I agree with most of what he says about Luke but he seems to have a too-thin skin.

9. Hardkore

Hardkore Titanium Belt

Santos showed what a real fighter is. Chicken heart mentally quit against Juice Jones

Alanf7, Kertol, reciprocate and 3 others like this.
  10. ApplesVild

ApplesVild Brown Belt

Smith would also finish Rockhold.

Even better get Rockhold to fight Santos since they're both coming off a loss...

Negator402 likes this.
  11. HenryFlower

HenryFlower (sheesh!)

tbf Luke even managed to get under Jan’s skin, who is extremely levelheaded from what I’ve seen.

Negator402, Linelo and Ridgeback like this.
  12. sangreporsangre

sangreporsangre Gold Belt

You can criticize Lionheart for the performance against Bones but he's right on the money when he talks about Rocksalt.

13. hisandherpes

hisandherpes Blue Belt

generic tattoo chicken heart should really stop talking. feed him to walker.

Alanf7 and Silent Liker like this.
  14. ShreddinMMA

ShreddinMMA Gold Belt

I like Smith and I think he gets too much flack on here for no reason. Dude's a quality fighter.

Ornife, TM C, Negator402 and 7 others like this.
  15. Yari

Yari ななせまる

I still want to see him beat up Rockhold.

16. fortheo

fortheo Steel Belt

Not a fan of kitty cat heart Smith. It will take a lot for me to forget that abysmal showing against Jones.

Alanf7, Kertol and Silent Liker like this.
  17. The XL

The XL Brown Belt

He stopped Gus while injured. I'd say he redeemed himself. He also continued to fight Jon after an illegal strike without taking the easy way out.

18. derrrrp

derrrrp Purple Belt

rockhold just got knocked out by some dude no one has ever heard of - smith shouldn't even acknowledge him, thats weak. then again... alternative is shit-talk your way into fighting johnny walker

19. deviake

deviake Firestarter

I think his indignation is righteous.

20. linvillegorge

linvillegorge Silver Belt

I don't have a problem with anything he said. Rockhold was talking shit about this guy since prior to his title shot against Jones. The bottom line is that Anthony Smith has won 5 fights since Rockhold's last win. Rockhold honestly shouldn't be talking shit about anyone right now, particularly a guy who's won 5 fights since his last win.