Hell Hath No Fury Like an Anthony Smith Scorned: He's Still Mad at Rockhold

Do you like listening to Smith?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Everything I said was true, and everything that he said wasn’t,” Smith said. “You know, he said I was a bum and that (Alexander) Gustafsson was gonna walk through me, and he said that I don’t deserve to be in this division, and he just moved up because bums like me could get title shots. It ain’t that (expletive) easy.”

“I don’t understand why people look at me and think, ‘Well, if he can do it, I can do it,'” Smith said. “It’s not like that. It’s not that easy. Like, Rockhold wouldn’t make it five seconds fighting the way that I fight. He doesn’t have the ability to do what I do. He doesn’t have the defensive skills. He doesn’t have the footwork, and he doesn’t have the heart. I mean, once he couldn’t take Blachowicz down, he looked like a coward. Like, he was broken, and he was gassed after two-and-a-half minutes.”

“It’s not that easy,” Smith said. “And I know that all these 185ers come up and are looking at me, and they’re looking at Thiago Santos, and they’re saying, ‘Well, if they can do it, I can do it.’ No you (expletive) can’t. We just had a perfect example of it, of a former champion, a guy who ran through several people at 185, move up and get starched by a bum – by his (Rockhold’s) words, that Blachowicz was a bum several times, he’s a nobody.

"So, like, I just don’t. I don’t understand how he continues being so god damn cocky, because every time he’s like this, it doesn’t work out, and he gets embarrassed. So, I don’t understand it. It doesn’t make any sense.”

“Had he won, I would have loved to have gotten that fight and been the one to do that, but at this point, it will take Luke Rockhold two-and-a-half years to get to me,” Smith said. “He’s gonna have to start at the bottom and work his way up. And I know that’s probably not something he’s willing to do, because his ego won’t allow it. His ego won’t allow him to break down the things that he’s doing wrong.

“I keep saying his chin is shot, and maybe it’s not his chin. I don’t know, maybe it’s just his inability to have any defensive god damn skills. But I just, I hope that he heals up OK, obviously. I hope that he’s all right, but maybe it is time Luke Rockhold steps away.”

“Luke Rockhold still remains someone that I would love to slap the (expletive) out of,” Smith said. “He’s just not a good dude. We know some mutual people, and I’ve heard nothing but awful things about him, and I’ve heard nothing but awful things about me come out of his mouth.”

smith acting like a good fighter after beating unmotivated flushed gus

He promised relentless bravery in the Octagon and fought Jon like a scared cat. Disappointing. Will never be a fan unless he redeems himself. Where I am concerned Lionheart is an ironic nickname.

Prove it and risk your contender status by fighting him next. I dare you.

Wished he had a better showing against Jon but cant fault him much for that. Everything I've heard come out of Smith's mouth seems to be pretty down to earth and realistic. Seems to be a straight shooter. No bs just telling it how he sees it.

Holy fuck how many times does he need to use the word “like” in a sentence?

I find him generally correct but generally whiny, too. I agree with most of what he says about Luke but he seems to have a too-thin skin.

Santos showed what a real fighter is. Chicken heart mentally quit against Juice Jones

Smith would also finish Rockhold.

Even better get Rockhold to fight Santos since they're both coming off a loss...

I find him generally correct but generally whiny, too. I agree with most of what he says about Luke but he seems to have a too-thin skin.
tbf Luke even managed to get under Jan’s skin, who is extremely levelheaded from what I’ve seen.

You can criticize Lionheart for the performance against Bones but he's right on the money when he talks about Rocksalt.

generic tattoo chicken heart should really stop talking. feed him to walker.

I like Smith and I think he gets too much flack on here for no reason. Dude's a quality fighter.

I still want to see him beat up Rockhold.

Not a fan of kitty cat heart Smith. It will take a lot for me to forget that abysmal showing against Jones.

He promised relentless bravery in the Octagon and fought Jon like a scared cat. Disappointing. Will never be a fan unless he redeems himself. Where I am concerned Lionheart is an ironic nickname.
He stopped Gus while injured. I'd say he redeemed himself. He also continued to fight Jon after an illegal strike without taking the easy way out.

rockhold just got knocked out by some dude no one has ever heard of - smith shouldn't even acknowledge him, thats weak. then again... alternative is shit-talk your way into fighting johnny walker

I think his indignation is righteous.

I don't have a problem with anything he said. Rockhold was talking shit about this guy since prior to his title shot against Jones. The bottom line is that Anthony Smith has won 5 fights since Rockhold's last win. Rockhold honestly shouldn't be talking shit about anyone right now, particularly a guy who's won 5 fights since his last win.

Back